UPDATE from SPCA -
This week we were inundated with reports from the public about a woman
caught on CCTV appearing to be abandoning kittens on a public street. Our
Inspectors were able to identify the vehicle owner with help from the
authorities and proceeded to visit her home. At the premises a further 6
kittens and their mother were removed by our Inspectors and are now in the
care of the SPCA. We will be proceeding with charges of cruelty to animals
in terms of the Animals Protection Act against the owner.

https://www.facebook.com/CapeofGoodHopeSPCA/photos/pcb.10153087643575807/10153087621195807/?type=3&theater

<https://www.facebook.com/CapeofGoodHopeSPCA/photos/a.392152360806.176565.160223335806/10153087621195807/?type=3&hc_location=ufi>

On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 14:39:44 UTC+2, kat...@africadeproductions.com
wrote:

> I will just post my neighbours facebook status (we live in CAmbridge Road)
>  to inform everybody what happened as i am a bit time restrained at the
> moment:
> this happened on the 28th of November and was caught on my neighbours CCTV
> and cook/polo roads CCTV.
> Does anybody know if she dropped of more kittens that day?
>
> Facebook post 28.11.
>
> Does anyone know this woman? On Friday, a woman driving a white Daihatsu
> Terios (see pic for car registration number) dropped two 4-week-old kittens
> on the pavement to fend for themselves! One at cnr Cook & Polo road and the
> other in Cambridge road. She did this between 12h00 and 13h30. We don't
> know if she dropped more kittens from the litter in other places but it
> seems likely. She's been caught on CCTV in both areas in Obs but I want to
> know who she is to lay a charge and report her.
>
> Facebook Update 30.11.:
>
> Update on kittens. They were both adopted! One by the Mowbray Vet Locum
> and the other by a woman from OBS. I trust they are now in very good hands.
> I tried to lay a charge today at the Animal Anti-Cruelty but the inspector
> was not in office. I will contact them again tomorrow. Thanks to everyone
> who sent me messages to enquire about the kittens. It makes me and Ali feel
> so much better to know that the good people outnumber the likes of this
> woman. Lots of love and good karma to all my fellow animal lo

OPS [Obsid Public Safety] - 24/7 control room

TEL: 021-447-1066   or   072-063-1653

EMERGENCIES:  10111

---
Observatory Neighbourhood Watch" group.