I share Alex's concerns as I was also not there for that part of the meeting.
As a board member disappointed that a decision like this is made (irrespective
of my personal views) with out all the boards presence.
I cant see any public discussion that Ed is referring to?
G.
On 4/6/2021 2:58:15 PM, Alex Leith <[email protected]> wrote:
While I don’t have a problem with open meetings, I had to leave this Board
meeting before this decision was made and feel blindsided by it. There’s no
context that I can find in the minutes behind the decision.
I suggest that in the future when we make these kinds of major decisions that
we explicitly minute a motion, with movers and seconders and a vote, or put
them on Loomio still.
I don’t think that a decision that makes us more open gets to skip the process.
On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 at 2:24 pm, John Bryant <[email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]> wrote:
Well done OSGeo Oceania! It's wonderful to see the board opening up its
processes. A big step in the right direction!
On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 at 11:10, Edoardo Neerhut <[email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]> wrote:
Hi everyone,
Open board meetings
In our last board meeting
[https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mDVp-6-0jwI-ho-cxmLv5-mSEXxRxCJL/view?usp=sharing],
the board agreed that board meetings will be open so that anyone who is
interested can attend. This has been discussed in the past, but to be perfectly
honest had slipped our minds in some of the recent board meetings. There may be
sections of the board meeting that need to be discussed in private, but these
are few and far between.
Public calendar for OSGeo Oceania
There has been an OSGeo Oceania public calendar
[https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dgea06cf2tu9ukl2f7nmfqjp98%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles%5C]
for a little while now which contains all our scheduled board meetings, but it
needs more visibility. Feel free to add events to it and let me know if you
have trouble accessing it.
Next board meeting
The next board meeting is on April 15th at 2:00 am UTC and a far more
reasonable hour in Oceania! The agenda is very much a WIP, but can be found
here
[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d_Onmg6B7jvYwVxnL_2mAScIqmKq0-6Lyg0A3um6wus/edit#].
Feel free to add comments if there are things you are curious about and we can
work them into the agenda.
Best,
Ed
_______________________________________________
Oceania mailing list
[email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/oceania
[https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/oceania]
_______________________________________________
Oceania mailing list
[email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/oceania
[https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/oceania]
--
Alex Leith
m: 0419189050
_______________________________________________ Oceania mailing list
[email protected] https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/oceania
_______________________________________________
Oceania mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/oceania