Hi Adam,
For tahitian/french polynesia community, we meet occasionaly and the
mailing list here
https://listes.openstreetmap.fr/wws/info/local-polynesie
helps to get organized.
Plus this OSM community index might be helpful?
https://openstreetmap.community/
The talk pacific is not much used also, originally planed as a
discussion space for pacific islanders, I guess it may take time,
distance doesnt help (great to have again regional meetings!) and
culture to be taken into account,
Bests

---
Violaine

Le 10.11.2022 08:42, Adam Steer a écrit :

> Thanks Phil
>
> I reckon the brand new Oceania discourse community in OSM will also be
> listed there in plenty of time :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Adam
>
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 at 13:16, Phil Wyatt <p...@wyatt-family.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Adam, In regard to OSM there are a few channels listed here
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Mapping_Community [1] Discord
>> is pretty active - OpenStreetMap World with a regional Oceania channel
>> (mainly used by Aussies at this stage) It would be great if there were more
>> regional folks so we can support each other in OpenStreetMap. Cheers - Phil
>> (aka tastrax) -----Original Message----- From: Oceania
>> <oceania-boun...@lists.osgeo.org> On Behalf Of Adam Steer Sent: Thursday, 10
>> November 2022 6:42 PM To: OSgeo - Oceania <Oceania@lists.osgeo.org> Subject:
>> [OSGeo Oceania] Oceania Geospatial Symposium - talk and invitation to
>> contribute Hi Oceanians I am invited to present OSGeo at the Oceania
>> Geospatial Symposium, so I have 15 minutes to talk about global and local
>> OSGeo roles and ways to participate. What are, as of November 2022 (and
>> hopefully some time into the future), the best channels for getting
>> connected to OSGeo Oceania? Mailing lists and slack seem pretty quiet
- is there community chat elsewhere? I know there's something starting up on
the OSM discourse community.. Are there fediverse hashtags to follow yet? What
do you want highlighted in 2-5 minutes of slides for a wide audience covering
local to inter-government organisations? I'll combine anything I get with what
comes from people on the ground in Noumea - I plan to ask around and see what
people are already aware of, what people perceive, before 'splaining things to
everyone :) I hope preparations for Suva are going well! Regards, Adam

Links:
------
[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Mapping_Community