Martin J. Evans wrote:
fine but on selecting cluster/configure nodes I still get dialogue
saying "Could not query the state of the cluster stack. This must be
resolved before any OCFS2 filesystemcan be mounted."
Could be because the script is installed as o2cb and not o2cb.init.

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)

with ocfs2 tools installed by downloading the source and the usual
configure and make (version ocfs2-tools-1.2.1.tar.gz) because the rpms I
saw seemed ages (years) out of date.
ocfs2-tools 1.2.1 was the last one released. We are working on releasing tools 1.2.2.

I'm new to this so I may be missing a lot but following the instructions
in the user guide did not get me to this point:

1. the ocfs2console does not run without setting my PYTHONPATH first - I
don't know why.
2. the ocfs2console does not seem to create the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf
(for me anyway).
3. if you install the ocfs2 tools from the rpm it create a minor
cluster.conf which ocfs2console does not seem to like since you can't
add nodes. If you install from the source code you don't even get a
cluster.conf.

I am willing to accept I've missed things but what were they? Does
everyone go through this?
I would hope not.