http://www.dominicgiles.com/swingbench.html  ??

Brian Long wrote:
The DBA wrote a patented Java-based application which stress tests the
Oracle IO subsystem.  We use this to benchmark our IO subsystems
(compare SAN to NAS, etc).  This same benchmark is showing a maximum
sustained throughput of 3,400 IO/sec while the same benchmark with the
same data will max out at 7K+ IO/sec on RAW.

I'll grab the iostat data which we've kept over time and try to make
some sense of it before posting anything additional.

Thanks.

/Brian/