Hi,

We're seeing very poor write performance on a cluster that was built
roughly a year ago. I am by no means an expert on OCFS2, nor the DRBD layer
that we have under it. We do have several clusters that are configured in
much the same way via our puppet infrastructure, yet this particular one
gives us write speeds around the 15 kilobyte/sec mark, where some of our
other clients do 55 megabytes/sec on similar hardware.

I realise that this is all very vague, so for now I am just hoping for
general pointers on where to start in diagnosing this, from which I can do
more research and then hopefully revisit the thread with more detailed
questions and data.

Some basic info to get started:

O/S: Debian Wheezy
Kernel: Linux hostname 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.73-2+deb7u3 x86_64
GNU/Linux
ocfs2-tools: 1.6.4-1+deb7u1
2 servers in the cluster. OCFS2 filesystem lives on a DRBD dual-primary
device, which itself is built on an LVM volume, whose VG lives on a RAID1
pair of 1TB SATA HDDs.

Happy to provide any other relevant information.

Graeme.