Hi!

> We were experimenting with the newer version of OCFS2 on Debian 9
> Stretch inside KVM GUESTS.
[...]
> We have 3 nodes, but it is the same with 1 single node when we do apache
> benchmark on the vm it crashes (becomes unpingable, unreachable, kernel
> crashlog on virtual console) until destroy and restart. Some point of
> the crashdump referred to SMP so we have tried to reconfigure the VM
> with 1 cpu and guess what it worked. No crash in case of 1 cpu but the
> performance is way too slow. Anybody has a clue what can go wrong here?
We do see a similar behavior on a file server under load (our favorite is
extracting a zip file containing a huge amount of small files).

Do you also use the built-in cluster stack? Did you consider testing with an
external cluster stack? I'd be very much interested if that makes a
difference...

best regards,
        Adi Kriegisch