Hello netbsd,

The ocfs2 project is still be developed by us (from SUE, Huawei, Oracle and
H3C. etc.).
If you encountered some problem, please send the mail to ocfs2-devel mail list,
we usually watch that mail for ocfs2 kernel related issues.

> Hello All,
>
> I wrote earlier about our OCFS2 crash issue in KVM due to bug in the SMP
> code.
>
> For this we come up with a solution:
>
> Instead of using multiple vcpus
>    <vcpu placement='static'>8</vcpu>
>
> using a single one and multiple cores instead:
>      <topology sockets='8' cores='8' threads='1'/>
>
> And applying key tune options to sysctl.conf:
>
> vm.min_free_kbytes=131072
> vm.zone_reclaim_mode=1
>
> Seemed to be helped, the fs did not crash right away when we were
> hammering it with apache benchmarks with 10000 requests however last
> night I started a large rsync operation from a 5TB OCFS2 FS mounted in
> the VM to another OCFS2 mounted in the same VM and ended up with:
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ibb.co_gFeGg5&d=DwICAg&c=R
>
> oP1YumCXCgaWHvlZYR8PQcxBKCX5YTpkKY057SbK10&r=QxGl6UoyzTJm_1fAz5ZR9izvWJhWcqbtY
> n-0afBpa7A&m=cYprGRHz-oQmhnx4HIke8sTdCG_tf8Jb-rF6sHnYLnk&s=ajWfQIlUZOpElFWxoKcmvTI
> k7J3PpuCJITcnXfJQHrc&e=
>From the kernel crash backtrace, this problem should be that long time to
>acquiring spin_lock triggers a NMI interruption.
Could you give a detailed reproduce steps? since we want to reproduce this
issue in local, then try to fix it.

Thanks
Gang