OpenBSD src changes summary for 2016-09-16

distrib/i386                            distrib/miniroot
distrib/sets                            gnu/usr.bin/binutils-2.17
gnu/usr.bin/perl                        lib/libcurses
lib/libkvm                              libexec/ld.so
regress/usr.bin                         sbin/dhclient
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/conf                     sys/arch/arm/include
sys/arch/hppa/hppa                      sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/conf                                sys/ddb
sys/dev                                 sys/dev/acpi
sys/dev/pv                              sys/dev/usb
sys/dev/wscons                          sys/dev/wsfont
sys/kern                                sys/lib/libsa
sys/net                                 sys/sys
sys/uvm                                 usr.bin/mg
usr.bin/tmux                            usr.bin/wc
usr.sbin/procmap

== distrib =========================================================== 01/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/distrib

i386

  - ramdiskB/Makefile                     - ramdiskB/list.local
  - ramdiskC/Makefile                     - ramdiskC/list.local

  > these build directories were left around after we moved to 1 floppy.
  > (deraadt@)

  - ramdiskA/Makefile                     - ramdiskA/list.local

  > oh, this directory can also go (deraadt@)

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Use 'umount -f' so failing to umount root does not blow up install/upgrade
  > while root (sic) causes are probed.
  > Problem reported by RD Thrush via bugs@ and reproduced locally. (krw@)

  ~ install.sub

  > Revert last. -f is a bad bad idea here.
  > ok deraadt@ (krw@)

sets

  ~ lists/comp/mi                         ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/base/md.armv7                   ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.landisk
  ~ lists/base/md.loongson                ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.octeon
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.socppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/comp/mi
  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== gnu =============================================================== 02/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/gnu

usr.bin/binutils-2.17

  ~ ltconfig

  > Hardcode STRIP=/usr/bin/strip so that install -s works
  > ok natano@ (guenther@)

usr.bin/perl

  ~ installperl

  > Don't check if target directory is writeable. This gets in the way of
  > noperm builds.
  > ok deraadt some time ago (natano@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib

libcurses

  ~ Makefile                              + legacy_coding.3

  > Include the legacy_coding(3) page which documents use_legacy_coding(),
  > probably missed at one update or another. Reported by Anthony Coulter,
  > discussed with jmc. (nicm@)

libkvm

  ~ kvm_proc.c

  > handle fallout of moving the address maps to RBT code.
  > because userland doesnt have subr_tree, and the tree traversal in
  > this file is simple, this inlines the logic that the functions in
  > the kernel do. (dlg@)

== libexec =========================================================== 04/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/libexec

ld.so

  ~ m88k/rtld_machine.c

  > Remove the fallback to the __plt_{start,end} symbols, as the dynamic tags
  > with the same info (DT_88K_PLT{START,END} have been around since 5.4
  > testing by aoyama@ (guenther@)

  ~ m88k/rtld_machine.c

  > Implement the DT_RELACOUNT optimization.  Missed previously because I
  > didn't recognize that RELOC_BBASED_32 was the m88k name for a pure-relative
  > relocation
  > testing by aoyama@ (guenther@)

== regress =========================================================== 05/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/regress

usr.bin

  ~ ssh/misc/kexfuzz/kexfuzz.c

  > fix for newer modp DH groups (diffie-hellman-group14-sha256 etc) (djm@)

  ~ ssh/misc/kexfuzz/README

  > add a note on kexfuzz' limitations (djm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 06/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin

dhclient

  ~ dhclient.c

  > Revert use of rdaemon() until it doesn't break install/upgrade.
  > Problem cause deduced by kili@, reproduced by & ok rpe@. (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 07/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share

man

  ~ man4/Makefile

  > Hook up Hyper-V man pages (mikeb@)

== sys =============================================================== 08/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ pmap.c

  > move the vm_page struct from being stored in RB macro trees to RBT
  > functions
  > vm_page structs go into three trees, uvm_objtree, uvm_pmr_addr, and
  > uvm_pmr_size. all these have been moved to RBT code.
  > this should give us a decent chunk of code space back. (dlg@)

  ~ db_trace.c

  > teach ddb(4) about CTF. currently it only loads the CTF and uses it on
  > amd64
  > to lookup the number of function parameters. however having this basic
  > facility allows us to expand it's usage.
  > currently hidden behind the (disabled) DDBCTF kernel option as some of the
  > required tools are not available in base yet. in addition to that one
  > also needs recent bootblocks that load the .SUNW_ctf kernel section.
  > discussed with mpi@ over many a cider and ale in cambridge
  > feedback and ok guenther@ mpi@ (jasper@)

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > Enable Hyper-V guest drivers (mikeb@)

arch/arm/include

  ~ exec.h

  > Define PT_ARM_EXIDX.
  > ok guenther@ (kettenis@)

arch/hppa/hppa

  ~ pmap.c

  > move the vm_page struct from being stored in RB macro trees to RBT
  > functions
  > vm_page structs go into three trees, uvm_objtree, uvm_pmr_addr, and
  > uvm_pmr_size. all these have been moved to RBT code.
  > this should give us a decent chunk of code space back. (dlg@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ pmap.c

  > move the uvm_map_addr RB tree from RB macros to the RBT functions
  > this tree is interesting because it uses all the red black tree
  > features, specifically the augment callback thats called on tree
  > topology changes, and it poisons and checks entries as theyre removed
  > from and inserted back into the tree respectively.
  > ok stefan@ (dlg@)

  ~ pmap.c                                ~ pmapae.c

  > move the vm_page struct from being stored in RB macro trees to RBT
  > functions
  > vm_page structs go into three trees, uvm_objtree, uvm_pmr_addr, and
  > uvm_pmr_size. all these have been moved to RBT code.
  > this should give us a decent chunk of code space back. (dlg@)

conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ files

  > teach ddb(4) about CTF. currently it only loads the CTF and uses it on
  > amd64
  > to lookup the number of function parameters. however having this basic
  > facility allows us to expand it's usage.
  > currently hidden behind the (disabled) DDBCTF kernel option as some of the
  > required tools are not available in base yet. in addition to that one
  > also needs recent bootblocks that load the .SUNW_ctf kernel section.
  > discussed with mpi@ over many a cider and ale in cambridge
  > feedback and ok guenther@ mpi@ (jasper@)

ddb

  ~ db_hangman.c

  > drop unneeded casting noise
  > pointed out by guenther@ in a separate diff (jasper@)

  ~ db_elf.c                              ~ db_extern.h
  + db_ctf.c                              + db_ctf.h
  + db_elf.h

  > teach ddb(4) about CTF. currently it only loads the CTF and uses it on
  > amd64
  > to lookup the number of function parameters. however having this basic
  > facility allows us to expand it's usage.
  > currently hidden behind the (disabled) DDBCTF kernel option as some of the
  > required tools are not available in base yet. in addition to that one
  > also needs recent bootblocks that load the .SUNW_ctf kernel section.
  > discussed with mpi@ over many a cider and ale in cambridge
  > feedback and ok guenther@ mpi@ (jasper@)

dev

  + rndis.h

  > Introduce a common header files for RNDIS protocol definitions
  > that both urndis(4) and hvn(4) can use. (mikeb@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpicpu.c

  > Suppress debugging output about CSD entries that say nothing we care about
  > and improve the output for those we might.
  > output examples from mikeb@
  > ok kettenis@ (guenther@)

dev/pv

  ~ if_hvn.c                              ~ rndisreg.h

  > Switch over to the generic RNDIS header (mikeb@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_urndis.c                           ~ if_urndisreg.h

  > Switch urndis(4) over to the generic RNDIS header (mikeb@)

dev/wscons

  ~ wsconsio.h

  TAGGED OPENBSD_6_0
  > MFC: limit the number of fonts that can be loaded
  > ok millert mlarkin deraadt (jcs@)

  ~ wsconsio.h

  TAGGED OPENBSD_5_9
  > MFC: limit the number of fonts that can be loaded
  > ok millert mlarkin deraadt (jcs@)

dev/wsfont

  ~ wsfont.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_6_0
  > MFC: limit the number of fonts that can be loaded
  > ok millert mlarkin deraadt (jcs@)

  ~ wsfont.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_5_9
  > MFC: limit the number of fonts that can be loaded
  > ok millert mlarkin deraadt (jcs@)

kern

  ~ subr_tree.c

  > remove a trailing \
  > i mustnt have cleaned this up properly when i copied the tree.h code
  > from Ilya Kaliman (dlg@)

  ~ subr_hibernate.c

  > move the vm_page struct from being stored in RB macro trees to RBT
  > functions
  > vm_page structs go into three trees, uvm_objtree, uvm_pmr_addr, and
  > uvm_pmr_size. all these have been moved to RBT code.
  > this should give us a decent chunk of code space back. (dlg@)

  ~ vfs_bio.c                             ~ vfs_subr.c

  > move buf_rb_bufs from RB macros to RBT functions
  > i had to shuffle the order of some header bits cos RBT_PROTOTYPE
  > needs to see what RBT_HEAD produces. (dlg@)

  ~ vfs_cache.c                           ~ vfs_subr.c

  > move the namecache_rb_tree from RB macros to RBT functions.
  > i had to shuffle the includes a bit. all the knowledge of the RB
  > tree is now inside vfs_cache.c, and all accesses are via cache_*
  > functions. (dlg@)

lib/libsa

  ~ cread.c

  > unifdef SAVE_MEMORY which is no longer set nor used
  > ok deraadt@ millert@ (jasper@)

net

  ~ if_trunk.c

  > Reconfigure interface capabilities after switching trunkproto; ok mpi
  > (mikeb@)

  ~ switchofp.c

  > Fix the data storage size check. When we exceed the amount of available
  > storage within an mbuf packet header we have to allocate a cluster.
  > Pointed out by mikeb@
  > ok mikeb@ (rzalamena@)

sys

  ~ buf.h                                 ~ vnode.h

  > move buf_rb_bufs from RB macros to RBT functions
  > i had to shuffle the order of some header bits cos RBT_PROTOTYPE
  > needs to see what RBT_HEAD produces. (dlg@)

  ~ namei.h                               ~ vnode.h

  > move the namecache_rb_tree from RB macros to RBT functions.
  > i had to shuffle the includes a bit. all the knowledge of the RB
  > tree is now inside vfs_cache.c, and all accesses are via cache_*
  > functions. (dlg@)

  ~ vnode.h

  > move RBT_PROTOTYPE under #ifdef _KERNEL (dlg@)

uvm

  ~ uvm_addr.c                            ~ uvm_fault.c
  ~ uvm_map.c                             ~ uvm_map.h
  ~ uvm_mmap.c                            ~ uvm_unix.c

  > move the uvm_map_addr RB tree from RB macros to the RBT functions
  > this tree is interesting because it uses all the red black tree
  > features, specifically the augment callback thats called on tree
  > topology changes, and it poisons and checks entries as theyre removed
  > from and inserted back into the tree respectively.
  > ok stefan@ (dlg@)

  ~ uvm_addr.c                            ~ uvm_addr.h
  ~ uvm_map.h

  > move uaddr_free_rbtree from RB macros to RBT functions (dlg@)

  ~ uvm_aobj.c                            ~ uvm_device.c
  ~ uvm_map.c                             ~ uvm_object.c
  ~ uvm_object.h                          ~ uvm_page.c
  ~ uvm_page.h                            ~ uvm_pmemrange.c
  ~ uvm_pmemrange.h                       ~ uvm_vnode.c

  > move the vm_page struct from being stored in RB macro trees to RBT
  > functions
  > vm_page structs go into three trees, uvm_objtree, uvm_pmr_addr, and
  > uvm_pmr_size. all these have been moved to RBT code.
  > this should give us a decent chunk of code space back. (dlg@)

  ~ uvm_pmemrange.c                       ~ uvm_pmemrange.h

  > move uvm_pmemrange_addr from RB macros to RBT functions (dlg@)

  ~ uvm_addr.c

  > fix spelling of RBT_NEXT in a comment (dlg@)

  ~ uvm_pmemrange.c

  > fix some DEBUG code so its using the right rb tree code (dlg@)

  ~ uvm_map.h

  > put RBT_PROTOTYPE inside #ifdef _KERNEL (dlg@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 09/10 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

mg

  - theo.c                                ~ Makefile
  ~ main.c

  > like the sparc port, ancient wisdom is ancient. consign to the archives.
  > ok beck (tedu@)

tmux

  ~ tmux.h                                ~ window.c

  > Swap watermarks from high (4096) to low (128) when we get full buffers
  > into the read callback several times in succession; swap back when we
  > see empty buffers several times. This hopefully limits how much programs
  > that print a lot for a long period can monopolize tmux (like large, fast
  > compiling), without penalizing programs that print a lot briefly (like
  > most curses applications). Helps a lot for me, the actual numbers may
  > need tweaking later. (nicm@)

wc

  ~ wc.c

  > - Removed unnecessary string.h include
  > - Changed 'format_and_print' argument type to int64_t and casting
  > inside the function
  > - Declaring 'print_counts', 'format_and_print', and 'cnt' as static
  > - Remove unnecessary cast for NULL, and (void) casts from printfs,
  > 'mbtowc' and 'format_and_print' calls
  > - In 'cnt', change bufsz type from ssize_t to size_t to avoid
  > converting between pointers to integer types with different sign
  > when calling getline (catched when compiling with Clang)
  > - Use return instead of exit in main
  > OK jung@ (fcambus@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

procmap

  ~ Makefile                              ~ procmap.c