OpenBSD src changes summary for 2016-09-18

distrib/i386                            distrib/sets
etc/Makefile                            etc/acme-client.conf
gnu/usr.bin/binutils                    gnu/usr.bin/binutils-2.17
gnu/usr.bin/clang                       lib/libc
lib/libunwind                           libexec/ld.so
regress/lib                             regress/usr.sbin
sbin/ping                               share/man
sys/arch/alpha/alpha                    sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/stand/boot               sys/arch/amd64/stand/cdboot
sys/arch/amd64/stand/efiboot            sys/arch/amd64/stand/libsa
sys/arch/amd64/stand/pxeboot            sys/arch/arm/arm
sys/arch/arm/conf                       sys/arch/arm/simplebus
sys/arch/armv7/conf                     sys/arch/armv7/imx
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/i386/stand/boot
sys/arch/i386/stand/cdboot              sys/arch/i386/stand/libsa
sys/arch/i386/stand/pxeboot             sys/arch/macppc/macppc
sys/arch/socppc/socppc                  sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64
sys/arch/sparc64/stand/ofwboot          sys/conf
sys/ddb                                 sys/dev/acpi
sys/dev/usb                             sys/kern
sys/lib/libsa                           sys/net
usr.bin/mandoc                          usr.sbin/acme-client
usr.sbin/switchd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/distrib

i386

  ~ common/Makefile.inc                   ~ ramdisk/Makefile

  > Switch the i386 floppy ramdisk to fdboot(8), now that it works correctly.
  > This will avoid overflow caused by upcoming changes to boot(8).
  > ok deraadt@ (jsing@)

sets

  ~ lists/base/md.armv7                   ~ lists/base/md.hppa
  ~ lists/base/md.i386                    ~ lists/base/md.landisk
  ~ lists/base/md.loongson                ~ lists/base/md.luna88k
  ~ lists/base/md.macppc                  ~ lists/base/md.octeon
  ~ lists/base/md.sgi                     ~ lists/base/md.socppc
  ~ lists/base/md.sparc64                 ~ lists/base/mi
  ~ lists/comp/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

  ~ lists/man/mi

  > sync (deraadt@)

== etc =============================================================== 02/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/etc

Makefile

  ~ Makefile

  > add a config file parser to acme-client (unused at the moment, so that
  > it can be worked on in the tree).
  > ok florian@ deraadt@ (benno@)

  ~ Makefile

  > fix build (deraadt@)

acme-client.conf

  + acme-client.conf

  > add a config file parser to acme-client (unused at the moment, so that
  > it can be worked on in the tree).
  > ok florian@ deraadt@ (benno@)

== gnu =============================================================== 03/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/gnu

usr.bin/binutils

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper

  > Use ${INSTALL} instead of install, like in all the other Makefile's.
  > ok guenther (natano@)

usr.bin/binutils-2.17

  ~ Makefile.bsd-wrapper

  > Use ${INSTALL} instead of install, like in all the other Makefile's.
  > ok guenther (natano@)

usr.bin/clang

  ~ Makefile.inc

  > On arm, set the "triple" to armv7-unknown-openbsdX.Y-gnueabi.  This makes
  > the
  > compiler generate code for armv7 by default (giving us proper atomic
  > operations) and selects the right default ABI.
  > ok patrick@, tom@ (kettenis@)

== lib =============================================================== 04/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib

libc

  ~ arch/arm/dlfcn/exidx.c

  > unbreak the build by including stddef.h for the definition of NULL
  > fix suggested by and ok guenther@ (jsg@)

  ~ arch/arm/string/ffs.S

  > Use unified syntax such that this compiles with both gcc and clang.
  > ok jsg@ (kettenis@)

  ~ stdlib/malloc.c

  > move page junking tp unmap(), right before we stick the region in the
  > cache;
  > ok tedu@ (otto@)

libunwind

  ~ src/AddressSpace.hpp

  > Go down the right path in the _LIBUNWIND_ARM_EHABI case.
  > ok patrick@ (kettenis@)

== libexec =========================================================== 05/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/libexec

ld.so

  ~ malloc.c

  > merge form libc malloc:
  > move page junking tp unmap(), right before we stick the region in the
  > cache;
  > ok tedu@ (otto@)

== regress =========================================================== 06/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/regress

lib

  ~ libedit/chared/Makefile               ~ libedit/keymacro/Makefile
  ~ libedit/read/Makefile

  > The libedit regress tests require header files generated during the
  > build.  Add a dependency to run make depend in /usr/src/lib/libedit.
  > Problem found by otto@; OK schwarze@ (bluhm@)

usr.sbin

  ~ ldapd/Makefile

  > Test should print SKIPPED if a package is missing. (bluhm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 07/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin

ping

  ~ ping.8

  > minor tweaks; (jmc@)

  ~ ping.c

  > Do not print 'ping6' in reporting output, just 'ping'.
  > OK tom@, natano@, claudio@, sthen@, millert@ (florian@)

  ~ ping.c

  > If running in verbose mode and no source address has been specified
  > with -I find the kernel selected address and print it even for v4
  > addresses.
  > OK phessler@, natano@, mpi@, claudio@, benno@, sthen@, millert@ (florian@)

  ~ ping.c

  > whitespace (deraadt@)

  ~ ping.c

  > simplify startup, since we know earlier which type of socket we need
  > ok florian (deraadt@)

  ~ ping.c

  > unbreak IPv6 source selection (florian@)

== share ============================================================= 08/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share

man

  ~ man4/man4.armv7/Makefile              + man4/man4.armv7/agtimer.4
  + man4/man4.armv7/ampintc.4             + man4/man4.armv7/amptimer.4
  + man4/man4.armv7/armliicc.4            + man4/man4.armv7/cortex.4

  > add some barebones manual pages (jsg@)

  ~ man4/options.4                        ~ man7/securelevel.7

  > option INSECURE is obsolete (deraadt@)

  ~ man7/securelevel.7

  > there's no reason to point readers to options(4) now; (jmc@)

  ~ man4/man4.octeon/Makefile             + man4/man4.octeon/octuctl.4

  > Add manual for octuctl(4); from Rafael Neves <rafael at diskless dot io>.
  > Tweaked by jmc@ and by me.
  > OK visa@ (on a previous version) and OK jmc@ and Rafael Neves (author).
  > MikeB@ supported the general direction. (schwarze@)

== sys =============================================================== 09/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

arch/alpha/alpha

  ~ machdep.c

  > option INSECURE is obsolete (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ machdep.c

  > option INSECURE is obsolete (deraadt@)

arch/amd64/stand/boot

  ~ Makefile

  > Add bcrypt pbkdf support to the softraid crypto boot loader code.
  > Based on a diff from djm@ (jsing@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Bump boot loader versions due to bcrypt pbkdf support. (jsing@)

arch/amd64/stand/cdboot

  ~ Makefile

  > Add bcrypt pbkdf support to the softraid crypto boot loader code.
  > Based on a diff from djm@ (jsing@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Bump boot loader versions due to bcrypt pbkdf support. (jsing@)

arch/amd64/stand/efiboot

  ~ Makefile.common

  > Add bcrypt pbkdf support to the softraid crypto boot loader code.
  > Based on a diff from djm@ (jsing@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Bump boot loader versions due to bcrypt pbkdf support. (jsing@)

arch/amd64/stand/libsa

  ~ biosdev.c

  > Fix a bug in the bounce buffer handling of BIOS disk I/O.
  > Currently, if a buffer crosses a 64KB boundary, a bounce buffer is
  > allocated, however it is assumed that this new buffer does not cross the
  > 64KB boundary. In the case of i386 fdboot, it just so happens that (due to
  > the size of fdboot and heap allocations) UFS gets allocated a 4KB buffer
  > that crosses a 64KB boundary, then biosd_io() allocates a bounce buffer,
  > which also crosses a 64KB boundary. At this point the BIOS gets grumpy and
  > refuses to read from the disk.
  > Further clean up to come from tom@. (jsing@)

arch/amd64/stand/pxeboot

  ~ Makefile

  > Add bcrypt pbkdf support to the softraid crypto boot loader code.
  > Based on a diff from djm@ (jsing@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Bump boot loader versions due to bcrypt pbkdf support. (jsing@)

arch/arm/arm

  ~ arm32_machdep.c

  > option INSECURE is obsolete (deraadt@)

arch/arm/conf

  ~ files.arm

  > Use a locator (named "early") to let designated drivers attach before
  > others.
  > ok patrick@, jsg@ (kettenis@)

arch/arm/simplebus

  ~ simplebus.c

  > Use a locator (named "early") to let designated drivers attach before
  > others.
  > ok patrick@, jsg@ (kettenis@)

arch/armv7/conf

  ~ GENERIC                               ~ RAMDISK

  > Convert imxccm(4) and imxiomuxc(4) to attach using the fdt.  Use the
  > "early"
  > locator to attach them before other drivers that might need their services.
  > ok patrick@, jsg@ (kettenis@)

arch/armv7/imx

  ~ files.imx                             ~ imx.c
  ~ imxccm.c                              ~ imxiomuxc.c

  > Convert imxccm(4) and imxiomuxc(4) to attach using the fdt.  Use the
  > "early"
  > locator to attach them before other drivers that might need their services.
  > ok patrick@, jsg@ (kettenis@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ db_trace.c

  > as is done on amd64, allow using CTF to lookup the function parameters.
  > ok mpi@ (jasper@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > option INSECURE is obsolete (deraadt@)

arch/i386/stand/boot

  ~ Makefile

  > Add bcrypt pbkdf support to the softraid crypto boot loader code.
  > Based on a diff from djm@ (jsing@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Bump boot loader versions due to bcrypt pbkdf support. (jsing@)

arch/i386/stand/cdboot

  ~ Makefile

  > Add bcrypt pbkdf support to the softraid crypto boot loader code.
  > Based on a diff from djm@ (jsing@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Bump boot loader versions due to bcrypt pbkdf support. (jsing@)

arch/i386/stand/libsa

  ~ biosdev.c

  > Fix a bug in the bounce buffer handling of BIOS disk I/O.
  > Currently, if a buffer crosses a 64KB boundary, a bounce buffer is
  > allocated, however it is assumed that this new buffer does not cross the
  > 64KB boundary. In the case of i386 fdboot, it just so happens that (due to
  > the size of fdboot and heap allocations) UFS gets allocated a 4KB buffer
  > that crosses a 64KB boundary, then biosd_io() allocates a bounce buffer,
  > which also crosses a 64KB boundary. At this point the BIOS gets grumpy and
  > refuses to read from the disk.
  > Further clean up to come from tom@. (jsing@)

arch/i386/stand/pxeboot

  ~ Makefile

  > Add bcrypt pbkdf support to the softraid crypto boot loader code.
  > Based on a diff from djm@ (jsing@)

  ~ conf.c

  > Bump boot loader versions due to bcrypt pbkdf support. (jsing@)

arch/macppc/macppc

  ~ machdep.c

  > option INSECURE is obsolete (deraadt@)

arch/socppc/socppc

  ~ machdep.c

  > option INSECURE is obsolete (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/sparc64

  ~ machdep.c

  > option INSECURE is obsolete (deraadt@)

arch/sparc64/stand/ofwboot

  ~ Makefile

  > Add bcrypt pbkdf support to the softraid crypto boot loader code.
  > Based on a diff from djm@ (jsing@)

  ~ vers.c

  > Bump boot loader versions due to bcrypt pbkdf support. (jsing@)

conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > option INSECURE is obsolete (deraadt@)

ddb

  ~ db_ctf.c

  > - inline db_ctf_nsyms() into it's only caller. the value remains cached and
  > won't change, so there's no reason to call it again.
  > - remove explicit return from void function
  > ok mpi@ (jasper@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpi.c                                ~ acpicpu.c

  > If the APIC table (MADT) isn't present then ci_acpi_proc_id won't be set
  > when acpicpu tries to attach, leading to a NULL dereference.  The ACPI
  > processor object on the Dells where this was reported is bogus and useless
  > anyway so apply the same test when deciding whether to attach to processor
  > objects as acpicpu would when matching them to cpus.
  > Problem reported by Eivind Eide (xenofil (at) gmail.com) and
  > Johan Huldtgren (johan+openbsd-bugs (at) huldtgren.com).
  > Testing by Eivind Eide.
  > ok kettenis@ mlarkin@ (guenther@)

dev/usb

  ~ usb_subr.c

  > Ensure that the device descriptor ``bMaxPacketSize'' value is usable
  > before using it as the ``wMaxPacketSize'' of the default endpoint.
  > This prevents host controller drivers from using incorrect value, in
  > particular 0, that makes ehci(4) crash.
  > While here do the 0xff -> 512 conversion for super speed devices.
  > Crash found with a facedancer21.
  > ok deraadt@ (mpi@)

kern

  ~ init_main.c

  > add missing call to db_ctf_init().
  > this was part of the larger diff that was ok guenther@ mpi@, somehow I
  > forgot
  > to commit this particular piece. (jasper@)

  ~ kern_sysctl.c

  > option INSECURE is obsolete (deraadt@)

lib/libsa

  ~ cread.c

  > Correctly handle short read()s in the libsa gzip handling lseek(). Also
  > avoid masking the errno from a failed read().
  > ok guenther@ tom@ (jsing@)

  ~ softraid.c

  > Add bcrypt pbkdf support to the softraid crypto boot loader code.
  > Based on a diff from djm@ (jsing@)

net

  ~ switchofp.c

  > Fix compilation by replacing old m_copym2() usage with the newer
  > m_dup_pkt(). While at it: fix comment and use m_dup_pkt() to align
  > packets instead of swofp_mbuf_align().
  > ok mikeb@, yasuoka@ (rzalamena@)

  ~ bfd.c

  > apply the canary to the correct variable (phessler@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 10/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

mandoc

  ~ main.c

  > Make sure an output device is allocated before calling terminal_sepline(),
  > fixing a NULL pointer access that happened when the first of multiple pages
  > shown was preformatted, as in "man -a groff troff".
  > Crash reported by <jmates at ee dot washington dot edu> on bugs@, thanks!
  > (schwarze@)

  ~ main.c

  > We cannot use fputs(3) in passthrough() because the stdout stream
  > might be in stdio wide orientation due to prior formatting of an
  > unformatted manual in man -aTutf8 mode.  So for now, use fflush(3)
  > followed by unbuffered write(2) instead.  Fixes output corruption
  > on glibc discovered on Linux while testing a diff to fix a loosely
  > related bug reported by <jmates at ee dot washington dot edu>.
  > I detest the concept of stdio stream orientation.  One day, i will
  > rewrite term_ascii.c to always use narrow streams, even in UTF-8
  > output mode.  But that's too much work for today. (schwarze@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 11/11 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

acme-client

  ~ Makefile                              ~ main.c
  + acme-client.conf.5                    + parse.h
  + parse.y

  > add a config file parser to acme-client (unused at the moment, so that
  > it can be worked on in the tree).
  > ok florian@ deraadt@ (benno@)

  ~ acme-client.conf.5

  > tweak previous; (jmc@)

switchd

  ~ proc.c                                ~ proc.h
  ~ switch.c