OpenBSD src changes summary for 2016-10-12

lib/libc                                regress/usr.sbin
sbin/iked                               sys/arch/amd64/conf
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/dev/pv
sys/dev/usb                             sys/net
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/make
usr.bin/netstat                         usr.bin/tmux
usr.sbin/cron                           usr.sbin/dhcpd
usr.sbin/httpd                          usr.sbin/ntpd
usr.sbin/relayd                         usr.sbin/snmpd
usr.sbin/switchctl                      usr.sbin/switchd
usr.sbin/vmctl                          usr.sbin/vmd

== lib =============================================================== 01/06 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib

libc

  ~ stdlib/malloc.c

  > optimize canary code a bit by storing offset of sizes table instead of
  > recomputing it all the time (otto@)

== regress =========================================================== 02/06 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/regress

usr.sbin

  ~ syslogd/Syslogd.pm                    ~ syslogd/args-privsep-daemon.pl
  ~ syslogd/args-privsep-foreground.pl    ~ syslogd/args-privsep.pl

  > Fix races during syslogd startup and shutdown in privsep tests. (bluhm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 03/06 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin

iked

  ~ log.c

  > copy updated log.c from vmd: for correctness, save errno when doing
  > additional actions before printing it.  OK rzalamena@ (reyk@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

arch/amd64/conf

  ~ GENERIC

  > enable vmm (mlarkin@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ vmmvar.h

  > Allow 4 vio(4) interfaces in each VM. Also fix a bad interrupt assignment
  > that
  > caused IRQ9 to be shared between the second disk device and the vio(4)s,
  > which caused poor network performance.
  > ok reyk, stefan (mlarkin@)

dev/pv

  ~ hypervic.c                            ~ hypervicreg.h
  ~ hypervvar.h                           ~ if_hvn.c

  > Get rid of the ch_buf member that is not part of the channel API
  > Devices need to allocate appropriate input/output buffers for use
  > with the VMBus channel API themselves.  There's no reason to keep
  > pointers to these buffers in the channel structure.
  > This requires a bit of restructuring of the code attaching internal
  > devices however. (mikeb@)

dev/usb

  ~ if_cdce.c                             ~ if_cdcereg.h

  > Rename CDCE_ZAURUS option to CDCE_CRC32 for clarity.
  > OK kettenis@ (fcambus@)

net

  ~ switchofp.c

  > When sending a action_output for a table-miss to the controller the
  > reason is always NO_MATCH. This fixes the compatibility with switchd(8)
  > which already works with other switches.
  > input from goda@
  > ok reyk@ (rzalamena@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

cvs

  ~ annotate.c

  > Use the correct type for p. From Joris Vink.
  > OK tb@ (fcambus@)

  ~ hash.c

  > When allocating the h_table array use the size of struct hash_head,
  > not the size of a pointer.  From Joris Vink.  OK fcambus@ (millert@)

make

  ~ main.c

  > make -t uses the "fattr" syscall utimes(2) for its touch(1) built-in.
  > Thus, add "fattr" to the list of pledge promises.
  > ok millert, deraadt (tb@)

netstat

  ~ netstat.1

  > Mention that netstat -P needs kmem access.
  > From David Hill, ok bluhm@ (jca@)

tmux

  ~ paste.c                               ~ window-copy.c

  > Unused variable and missing time.h. (nicm@)

  ~ cmd-command-prompt.c                  ~ key-bindings.c
  ~ server-client.c                       ~ status.c
  ~ tmux.1                                ~ tmux.h

  > The repeat prompt in both emacs and vi (and the old one in tmux) doesn't
  > support line editing and instead executes a command as soon as a
  > non-number key is pressed. Add a -N flag to command-prompt for the same
  > in copy mode. Reported by Theo Buehler. (nicm@)

  ~ screen-write.c                        ~ screen.c
  ~ tmux.h                                ~ tty.c

  > Redraw selection in tty_draw_line, so it appears when redrawing whole
  > pane. Reported by Theo Buehler. (nicm@)

  ~ cmd-bind-key.c                        ~ cmd-list-keys.c
  ~ cmd-unbind-key.c                      ~ mode-key.c
  ~ status.c                              ~ tmux.1
  ~ tmux.h

  > Drop the edit mode key tables and just use fixed key bindings for the
  > command prompt. (nicm@)

  ~ tmux.1                                ~ tmux.h

  > bind-key -c has gone, remove from man page, and unused table declarations.
  > (nicm@)

  ~ screen-write.c

  > Fix a couple of problems with insert mode: flush dirty cells before we
  > modify the screen, not after; and use grid_view_insert_cells to make
  > space not grid_move_cells. (nicm@)

  ~ screen-redraw.c

  > Compare to see if pane status line has actually changed, not just size, and
  > do not draw if pane is not visible. (nicm@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

cron

  ~ crontab.5

  > Document the "-q " prefix accepted in the "command" field.
  > Original patch from Wouter Clarie <wclarie at gmail com>,
  > tweaked in joint work with jca@,
  > OK millert@, OK jca@ on an earlier version. (schwarze@)

dhcpd

  ~ dhcp.c

  > client_identifier is not a string so using strlen() on it is
  > inappropriate. Which is why client_identifier_len exists.
  > Replace copy&pasted strlen() with client_identifier_len.
  > Symptoms (crash) and cause (bad c&p) spotted by sthen@.
  > tested & ok sthen@ (krw@)

httpd

  ~ config.c                              ~ httpd.h
  ~ proc.c

  > Prevent fd exhaustion in the parent when loading the listening server
  > sockets by sending the fd one-by-one.  This allows to start httpd with
  > max 32 server instances and many server sockets without changing the
  > default rlimits in any way.
  > OK rzalamena@ (reyk@)

  ~ log.c

  > copy updated log.c from vmd: for correctness, save errno when doing
  > additional actions before printing it.  OK rzalamena@ (reyk@)

ntpd

  ~ log.c

  > copy updated log.c from vmd: for correctness, save errno when doing
  > additional actions before printing it.  OK rzalamena@ (reyk@)

relayd

  ~ log.c

  > copy updated log.c from vmd: for correctness, save errno when doing
  > additional actions before printing it.  OK rzalamena@ (reyk@)

snmpd

  ~ log.c

  > copy updated log.c from vmd: for correctness, save errno when doing
  > additional actions before printing it.  OK rzalamena@ (reyk@)

switchctl

  ~ parser.c                              ~ parser.h
  ~ switchctl.8                           ~ switchctl.c

  > Start reworking the "device" support in switchd: Once connected, a
  > device is just an fd that is connected to a switch, either via TCP or
  > via /dev/switch.  Change the switchctl from "device add" to "connect"
  > etc.  This change is an intermediate step towards other changes,
  > including the configuration grammar, so a few things will be left
  > undocumented for now.
  > switchctl(8) examples,
  > switchctl connect /dev/switch0
  > switchctl connect /dev/switch0 forward-to 10.1.1.1
  > switchctl connect 127.0.0.1
  > switchctl connect 127.0.0.1 forward-to 10.1.1.1
  > switchctl disconnect /dev/switch0
  > Discussed with rzalamena@ (reyk@)

switchd

  ~ log.c

  > copy updated log.c from vmd: for correctness, save errno when doing
  > additional actions before printing it.  OK rzalamena@ (reyk@)

  ~ ofp13.c

  > Teach switchd(8) how to send set_config to the switch so we can be able
  > to get packet payloads from switch(4).
  > ok reyk@ (rzalamena@)

  ~ control.c                             ~ ofcconn.c
  ~ ofp.c                                 ~ ofrelay.c
  ~ parse.y                               ~ switchd.c
  ~ switchd.h                             ~ types.h

  > Start reworking the "device" support in switchd: Once connected, a
  > device is just an fd that is connected to a switch, either via TCP or
  > via /dev/switch.  Change the switchctl from "device add" to "connect"
  > etc.  This change is an intermediate step towards other changes,
  > including the configuration grammar, so a few things will be left
  > undocumented for now.
  > switchctl(8) examples,
  > switchctl connect /dev/switch0
  > switchctl connect /dev/switch0 forward-to 10.1.1.1
  > switchctl connect 127.0.0.1
  > switchctl connect 127.0.0.1 forward-to 10.1.1.1
  > switchctl disconnect /dev/switch0
  > Discussed with rzalamena@ (reyk@)

vmctl

  ~ main.c                                ~ vmctl.8
  ~ vmctl.h

  > Fix functionality and semantics of vmctl load/reload/reset.
  > OK rzalamena@ (reyk@)

vmd

  ~ pci.c                                 ~ pci.h
  ~ virtio.c                              ~ virtio.h
  ~ vmm.c

  > Allow 4 vio(4) interfaces in each VM. Also fix a bad interrupt assignment
  > that
  > caused IRQ9 to be shared between the second disk device and the vio(4)s,
  > which caused poor network performance.
  > ok reyk, stefan (mlarkin@)

  ~ config.c

  > The error case checks for saved_errno, set it accordingly (reyk@)

  ~ log.c

  > For correctness, always save errno when doing additional actions
  > before printing it.
  > OK rzalamena@ (reyk@)

  ~ control.c                             ~ vmd.c
  ~ vmd.h                                 ~ vmm.c