OpenBSD src changes summary for 2016-10-13

regress/usr.sbin                        sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/i386/i386
sys/arch/sparc64/dev                    usr.bin/cvs
usr.bin/logname                         usr.bin/systat
usr.bin/tmux                            usr.sbin/ripctl
usr.sbin/ripd                           usr.sbin/smtpd
usr.sbin/switchd                        usr.sbin/tcpdump
usr.sbin/vmctl

== regress =========================================================== 01/04 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/regress

usr.sbin

  ~ syslogd/args-dropped-sighup-tcp.pl    ~ syslogd/args-dropped-sighup-tls.pl
  ~ syslogd/args-dropped-sigterm-tcp.pl   ~ syslogd/args-dropped-sigterm-tls.pl

  > In rare cases the number of dropped messages changes a bit more.
  > Make regex less strict. (bluhm@)

== sys =============================================================== 02/04 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ identcpu.c                            ~ vmm.c

  > Add an extra debug line when virtualization is disabled in the firmware.
  > This line would have saved me about an hour of hairpulling.
  > OK mlarkin@ (martijn@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ cpu.h

  > Add an extra debug line when virtualization is disabled in the firmware.
  > This line would have saved me about an hour of hairpulling.
  > OK mlarkin@ (martijn@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ locore.s

  > cache another feature bit for something I'm working on (mlarkin@)

arch/sparc64/dev

  ~ ldc.c                                 ~ vdsk.c

  > Fix memory leaks on error paths spotted by coypu (at) SDF (dot) ORG -
  > thanks
  > ok deraadt@ (tom@)

  ~ ldc.c

  > Fix another memory leak on error path in ldc.c
  > "right" deraadt@ (tom@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 03/04 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

cvs

  ~ rcs.c

  > Fix revision lookups for branches.  Properly perform a revision
  > lookup so update -r actually works again, as a bonus throw a more
  > correct error when the revision could not be found.  From Joris Vink.
  > (millert@)

  ~ add.c                                 ~ admin.c
  ~ annotate.c                            ~ commit.c
  ~ diff.c                                ~ edit.c
  ~ entries.c                             ~ file.c
  ~ getlog.c                              ~ history.c
  ~ import.c                              ~ rcs.c
  ~ rcs.h                                 ~ rcsnum.c
  ~ rcsparse.c                            ~ tag.c
  ~ update.c                              ~ util.c

  > rcsnum_free() -> free() cleanups. From Michael W. Bombardieri.
  > OK millert@ (fcambus@)

logname

  ~ logname.c

  > delete useless call to setlocale(3); while here, polish style:
  > sort headers, static __dead usage(), return from main etc...
  > based on a more intrusive diff by tedu@,
  > reminded by Jan Stary <hans at stare dot cz>,
  > using feedback from millert@; OK tedu@, deraadt@ (schwarze@)

systat

  ~ main.c

  > add the hostname to the display. started by otto, then deraadt. ok deraadt
  > (tedu@)

  ~ main.c

  > tweak previous; hostname is alredy available plus some better formatting
  > in case line numbers and/or PAUSED is shown; ok tedu@ (otto@)

tmux

  ~ tmux.1

  > -f missed from splitw usage, from Felix Rosencrantz. (nicm@)

  ~ cmd-find.c                            ~ cmd-join-pane.c
  ~ cmd-new-session.c                     ~ cmd-new-window.c
  ~ cmd-queue.c                           ~ cmd-split-window.c
  ~ cmd-swap-pane.c                       ~ cmd-swap-window.c
  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ tmux.h

  > Some improvements and bug fixes for hooks:
  > - Prepare the state again before the "after" hooks are run, because the
  > command may have killed or moved windows.
  > - Use the hooks list from the newly prepared target, not the old hooks
  > list (only matters for new-session really).
  > - Correctly detect an invalid current state and ignore it in
  > cmd_find_target ("killw; swapw").
  > - Change neww, new, killp, killw, splitw, swapp, swapw to update the
  > current state (used if no explicit target is given) to something more
  > useful after they have finished. For example, neww changes it to the
  > newly created window.
  > Hooks are still relatively new and primitive so there are likely to be
  > more changes to come.
  > Parts based on bug reports from Uwe Werler and Iblis Lin. (nicm@)

  ~ tmux.1

  > Remove mention of key tables than no longer exist. (nicm@)

  ~ grid-view.c                           ~ grid.c
  ~ input.c                               ~ screen-redraw.c
  ~ screen-write.c                        ~ screen.c
  ~ tmux.h                                ~ tty.c
  ~ window-choose.c                       ~ window-clock.c
  ~ window-copy.c                         ~ window.c

  > Add support for BCE (background colour erase). This makes various escape
  > sequences (notable EL and ED but also IL, DL, ICH, DCH) create blank
  > cells using the current background colour rather than the default
  > colour.
  > On modern systems BCE doesn't really have many benefits, but most other
  > terminals now support it, some (lazy) applications rely on it, and it is
  > not hard to include now that we have pane background colours anyway.
  > Mostly written by Sean Haugh. (nicm@)

  ~ options-table.c                       ~ session.c
  ~ tmux.1

  > Remove the set-remain-on-exit option, it was always a hack and can now
  > be done with hooks instead. (nicm@)

  ~ cmd-display-message.c                 ~ cmd-if-shell.c
  ~ cmd-join-pane.c                       ~ cmd-new-session.c
  ~ cmd-new-window.c                      ~ cmd-queue.c
  ~ cmd-source-file.c                     ~ cmd-split-window.c
  ~ cmd-swap-pane.c                       ~ cmd-swap-window.c
  ~ hooks.c                               ~ tmux.1
  ~ tmux.h

  > Trying to do hooks generically is way too complicated and unreliable and
  > confusing, particularly trying to automatically figure out what target
  > hooks should be using. So simplify it:
  > - drop before hooks entirely, they don't seem to be very useful;
  > - commands with special requirements now fire their own after hook (for
  > example, if they change session or window, or if they have -t and -s
  > and need to choose which one the hook uses as current target);
  > - commands with no special requirements can have the CMD_AFTERHOOK flag
  > added and they will use the -t state.
  > At the moment new-session, new-window, split-window fire their own hook,
  > and display-message uses the flag. The remaining commands still need to
  > be looked at. (nicm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 04/04 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

ripctl

  ~ ripctl.8

  > Document the -s option, descr adapted from ospfd/ospfctl
  > Noticed by Sebastien Leclerc, ok deraadt@ (jca@)

ripd

  ~ ripd.8

  > Document the -s option, descr adapted from ospfd/ospfctl
  > Noticed by Sebastien Leclerc, ok deraadt@ (jca@)

smtpd

  ~ rfc2822.c                             ~ smtp_session.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_5_9
  > "A logic issue in smtpd's header parsing can cause SMTP sessions to hang."
  > errata 031 (gilles@)

  ~ rfc2822.c                             ~ smtp_session.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_6_0
  > "A logic issue in smtpd's header parsing can cause SMTP sessions to hang"
  > errata 014 (gilles@)

  ~ rfc2822.c                             ~ smtp_session.c

  TAGGED OPENBSD_6_0
  > A logic issue in smtpd's header parsing can cause SMTP sessions to hang.
  > diff by eric@, ok me (gilles@)

switchd

  ~ ofp13.c

  > Implement simple feature request/reply support so we can get more
  > information about the target switch and its datapath id. Also I
  > commented out some requests that are not currently being used, like
  > table properties, flow dump and description.
  > ok reyk@ (rzalamena@)

tcpdump

  ~ print-bgp.c

  > Teach tcpdump to decode bgp path attribute draft-ietf-idr-large-community
  > Patch from Job Snijders, thanks!
  > OK sthen@ (phessler@)

vmctl

  ~ vmctl.8