OpenBSD src changes summary for 2016-10-16

gnu/usr.bin/cc                          include/Makefile
lib/libc                                lib/libcrypto
lib/librpcsvc                           share/man
sys/conf                                sys/net
usr.bin/cvs                             usr.bin/diff3
usr.bin/rcs                             usr.bin/tmux
usr.bin/ul                              usr.sbin/config
usr.sbin/makefs                         usr.sbin/rebound
usr.sbin/rpc.bootparamd                 usr.sbin/smtpd
usr.sbin/syslogd                        usr.sbin/vmd

== gnu =============================================================== 01/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/gnu

usr.bin/cc

  ~ include/Makefile

  > Move libcrypto, librpcsvc and gnu/usr.bin/cc/include from RDIRS to PRDIRS,
  > and add prereq targets, so some header files are generated by BUILDUSER
  > during 'make prereq' instead of by root during 'make includes'.
  > Switch the order of 'make cleandir' and 'make includes' during 'make build'
  > so we don't generate many files twice.
  > Except for some machine@ symlinks from ${MACHINE}/stand, /usr/obj is now
  > clean from files generated by root during 'make build'. Those will be
  > cleaned up in a second step.
  > help, testing & ok deraadt, input from natano, further testing rpe (tb@)

== include =========================================================== 02/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/include

Makefile

  ~ Makefile

  > Move libcrypto, librpcsvc and gnu/usr.bin/cc/include from RDIRS to PRDIRS,
  > and add prereq targets, so some header files are generated by BUILDUSER
  > during 'make prereq' instead of by root during 'make includes'.
  > Switch the order of 'make cleandir' and 'make includes' during 'make build'
  > so we don't generate many files twice.
  > Except for some machine@ symlinks from ${MACHINE}/stand, /usr/obj is now
  > clean from files generated by root during 'make build'. Those will be
  > cleaned up in a second step.
  > help, testing & ok deraadt, input from natano, further testing rpe (tb@)

== lib =============================================================== 03/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib

libc

  ~ string/strlcat.c                      ~ string/strlcpy.c
  ~ string/strnlen.c

  > Roll back uintptr_t cast changes after discussions with tedu, otto and
  > others.
  > C11 6.5.6.9 says:
  > When two pointers are subtracted, both shall point to elements of the
  > same array object, or one past the last element of the array object; the
  > result is the difference of the subscripts of the two array elements.
  > In these cases the objects are arrays of char so the result is defined,
  > and we believe that the report is based on a compiler incorrectly trapping
  > on defined behaviour. (dtucker@)

libcrypto

  ~ Makefile

  > Move libcrypto, librpcsvc and gnu/usr.bin/cc/include from RDIRS to PRDIRS,
  > and add prereq targets, so some header files are generated by BUILDUSER
  > during 'make prereq' instead of by root during 'make includes'.
  > Switch the order of 'make cleandir' and 'make includes' during 'make build'
  > so we don't generate many files twice.
  > Except for some machine@ symlinks from ${MACHINE}/stand, /usr/obj is now
  > clean from files generated by root during 'make build'. Those will be
  > cleaned up in a second step.
  > help, testing & ok deraadt, input from natano, further testing rpe (tb@)

librpcsvc

  ~ Makefile

  > Move libcrypto, librpcsvc and gnu/usr.bin/cc/include from RDIRS to PRDIRS,
  > and add prereq targets, so some header files are generated by BUILDUSER
  > during 'make prereq' instead of by root during 'make includes'.
  > Switch the order of 'make cleandir' and 'make includes' during 'make build'
  > so we don't generate many files twice.
  > Except for some machine@ symlinks from ${MACHINE}/stand, /usr/obj is now
  > clean from files generated by root during 'make build'. Those will be
  > cleaned up in a second step.
  > help, testing & ok deraadt, input from natano, further testing rpe (tb@)

== share ============================================================= 04/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share

man

  ~ man1/gcc-local.1

  > Delete URL to dead site. (deraadt@)

== sys =============================================================== 05/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

conf

  ~ newvers.sh

  > Strip trailing obj/ from kernel build directories, so kernels
  > are again marked with GENERIC{,.MP} RAMDISK, etc.
  > Problem noticed by several (jsg, semarie, ...)
  > ok many (sthen, natano, millert, deraadt, ...)
  > Explanations why quotes aren't necessary by even more. Thanks! (tb@)

net

  ~ bpf.c

  > Fix bpf_catchpacket comment. (jca@)

  ~ if.c

  > m_resethdr() clears information attached to a mbuf that has been
  > accumulated during processing, especially pf(4) data is removed.
  > When a packet is reinserted to local input processing, we have to
  > start from scratch with a clean mbuf header.  Also the packet has
  > to be in the routing doamin of the interface where it is inserted.
  > Incoming packet with stale inp pointer seen by patrick@ on lo(4);
  > OK sashan@ mpi@ (bluhm@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 06/07 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

cvs

  ~ diff3.c

  > Remove useless n=n assignment in the first parse of a for().
  > It was already removed from the rcs version by nicm@. (millert@)

diff3

  ~ diff3prog.c

  > Remove useless n=n assignment in the first parse of a for().
  > It was already removed from the rcs version by nicm@. (millert@)

rcs

  ~ buf.c                                 ~ diff.c
  ~ diff3.c                               ~ rlog.c

  > Quiet compiler warnings; as applied to usr.bin/cvs by millert@
  > ok millert@ (okan@)

tmux

  ~ cfg.c                                 ~ cmd-attach-session.c
  ~ cmd-command-prompt.c                  ~ cmd-confirm-before.c
  ~ cmd-copy-mode.c                       ~ cmd-display-panes.c
  ~ cmd-find.c                            ~ cmd-if-shell.c
  ~ cmd-load-buffer.c                     ~ cmd-new-session.c
  ~ cmd-new-window.c                      ~ cmd-queue.c
  ~ cmd-resize-pane.c                     ~ cmd-run-shell.c
  ~ cmd-send-keys.c                       ~ cmd-source-file.c
  ~ cmd-split-window.c                    ~ cmd-wait-for.c
  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ control.c
  ~ format.c                              ~ hooks.c
  ~ key-bindings.c                        ~ notify.c
  ~ server-client.c                       ~ server.c
  ~ tmux.1                                ~ tmux.h
  ~ window-choose.c

  > Rewrite command queue handling. Each client still has a command queue,
  > but there is also now a global command queue. Instead of command queues
  > being dispatched on demand from wherever the command happens to be
  > added, they are now all dispatched from the top level server
  > loop. Command queues may now also include callbacks as well as commands,
  > and items may be inserted after the current command as well as at the end.
  > This all makes command queues significantly more predictable and easier
  > to use, and avoids the complex multiple nested command queues used by
  > source-file, if-shell and friends.
  > A mass rename of struct cmdq to a better name (cmdq_item probably) is
  > coming. (nicm@)

  ~ cfg.c                                 ~ cmd-attach-session.c
  ~ cmd-bind-key.c                        ~ cmd-break-pane.c
  ~ cmd-capture-pane.c                    ~ cmd-choose-buffer.c
  ~ cmd-choose-client.c                   ~ cmd-choose-tree.c
  ~ cmd-clear-history.c                   ~ cmd-command-prompt.c
  ~ cmd-confirm-before.c                  ~ cmd-copy-mode.c
  ~ cmd-detach-client.c                   ~ cmd-display-message.c
  ~ cmd-display-panes.c                   ~ cmd-find-window.c
  ~ cmd-find.c                            ~ cmd-if-shell.c
  ~ cmd-join-pane.c                       ~ cmd-kill-pane.c
  ~ cmd-kill-server.c                     ~ cmd-kill-session.c
  ~ cmd-kill-window.c                     ~ cmd-list-buffers.c
  ~ cmd-list-clients.c                    ~ cmd-list-keys.c
  ~ cmd-list-panes.c                      ~ cmd-list-sessions.c
  ~ cmd-list-windows.c                    ~ cmd-load-buffer.c
  ~ cmd-lock-server.c                     ~ cmd-move-window.c
  ~ cmd-new-session.c                     ~ cmd-new-window.c
  ~ cmd-paste-buffer.c                    ~ cmd-pipe-pane.c
  ~ cmd-queue.c                           ~ cmd-refresh-client.c
  ~ cmd-rename-session.c                  ~ cmd-rename-window.c
  ~ cmd-resize-pane.c                     ~ cmd-respawn-pane.c
  ~ cmd-respawn-window.c                  ~ cmd-rotate-window.c
  ~ cmd-run-shell.c                       ~ cmd-save-buffer.c
  ~ cmd-select-layout.c                   ~ cmd-select-pane.c
  ~ cmd-select-window.c                   ~ cmd-send-keys.c
  ~ cmd-set-buffer.c                      ~ cmd-set-environment.c
  ~ cmd-set-hook.c                        ~ cmd-set-option.c
  ~ cmd-show-environment.c                ~ cmd-show-messages.c
  ~ cmd-show-options.c                    ~ cmd-source-file.c
  ~ cmd-split-window.c                    ~ cmd-swap-pane.c
  ~ cmd-swap-window.c                     ~ cmd-switch-client.c
  ~ cmd-unbind-key.c                      ~ cmd-wait-for.c
  ~ cmd.c                                 ~ control.c
  ~ format.c                              ~ hooks.c
  ~ key-bindings.c                        ~ notify.c
  ~ server-client.c                       ~ tmux.h
  ~ window-choose.c

  > Mass rename struct cmd_q to struct cmdq_item and related. (nicm@)

  ~ notify.c                              ~ server.c
  ~ tmux.h

  > Notifys can go via the command queue instead of using their own queue.
  > (nicm@)

  ~ cmd-queue.c                           ~ format.c
  ~ hooks.c                               ~ notify.c
  ~ tmux.h

  > Provide a way for hooks to tag formats onto the commands they fire so
  > that the user can get at additional information - now used for the
  > "hook" format, more to come. (nicm@)

  ~ notify.c                              ~ tmux.1

  > Add hook_session and hook_window formats to get information on the
  > affected session or window when a hook fires. Enable session-created and
  > session-closed hooks now that that is available. (nicm@)

  ~ cmd-attach-session.c                  ~ cmd-find.c
  ~ cmd-join-pane.c                       ~ cmd-new-session.c
  ~ cmd-new-window.c                      ~ cmd-rename-session.c
  ~ cmd-split-window.c                    ~ control-notify.c
  ~ layout-custom.c                       ~ layout.c
  ~ notify.c                              ~ resize.c
  ~ server-client.c                       ~ server-fn.c
  ~ session.c                             ~ tmux.1
  ~ tmux.h                                ~ window.c

  > Use the notify name string instead of going via an enum and change
  > existing hooks to use notifys instead. (nicm@)

  ~ alerts.c                              ~ notify.c
  ~ tmux.h

  > Use notifys for alerts too. (nicm@)

ul

  ~ ul.c

  > Zap unused variable. (jca@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

config

  ~ main.c

  > Stop complaining about changed kernel options when called for an empty
  > directory. With the new kernel obj mechanism config always prints
  > Kernel options have changed -- you must run "make clean"
  > on the first run. The message is suppressed when the compile directory
  > didn't exist before, but now the directory always exists when config is
  > run, so we have to use something else to detect if this is a "fresh" run
  > or an update of an existing directory. Use the options file instead,
  > which is used to track the kernel options of the last config run. If the
  > file doesn't exist, it is safe to assume, that this is a "fresh"
  > directory.
  > ok tb deraadt (natano@)

  ~ main.c

  > Remove declarations for optarg and optind. They are declared in <unistd.h>.
  > ok tb (natano@)

  ~ config.h                              ~ util.c

  > Add printf format attributes to the custom error functions.
  > ok natano (tb@)

  ~ main.c

  > Remove the -g option. It is obsolete/undocumented since the initial
  > import from NetBSD in '95 and does nothing except print an error.
  > ok tb (natano@)

  ~ main.c                                ~ mkheaders.c
  ~ mkioconf.c                            ~ mkmakefile.c
  ~ mkswap.c                              ~ ukc.c

  > Use the err(3) family of functions more consistently.
  > ok jca, improvements and ok millert, natano (tb@)

  ~ main.c

  > Add a == EOF that was accidentally lost in previous commit. (tb@)

makefs

  + Makefile                              + README
  + cd9660.c                              + cd9660.h
  + ffs.c                                 + ffs.h
  + makefs.8                              + makefs.c
  + makefs.h                              + msdos.c
  + msdos.h                               + walk.c
  + xmalloc.c                             + cd9660/cd9660_archimedes.c
  + cd9660/cd9660_archimedes.h            + cd9660/cd9660_conversion.c
  + cd9660/cd9660_debug.c                 + cd9660/cd9660_eltorito.c
  + cd9660/cd9660_eltorito.h              + cd9660/cd9660_strings.c
  + cd9660/cd9660_write.c                 + cd9660/iso9660_rrip.c
  + cd9660/iso9660_rrip.h                 + ffs/buf.c
  + ffs/buf.h                             + ffs/ffs_alloc.c
  + ffs/ffs_balloc.c                      + ffs/ffs_extern.h
  + ffs/mkfs.c                            + ffs/newfs_extern.h
  + ffs/ufs_bmap.c                        + ffs/ufs_inode.h
  + fs/cd9660/cd9660_rrip.h               + fs/cd9660/iso.h
  + fs/cd9660/iso_rrip.h                  + fs/msdosfs/bootsect.h
  + fs/msdosfs/bpb.h                      + fs/msdosfs/clock_subr.c
  + fs/msdosfs/clock_subr.h               + fs/msdosfs/denode.h
  + fs/msdosfs/direntry.h                 + fs/msdosfs/fat.h
  + fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_conv.c             + fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_fat.c
  + fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_lookup.c           + fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_unicode.c
  + fs/msdosfs/msdosfsmount.h             + msdos/msdosfs_denode.c
  + msdos/msdosfs_vfsops.c                + msdos/msdosfs_vnops.c
  + newfs_msdos/mkfs_msdos.c              + newfs_msdos/mkfs_msdos.h
  + sys/bootblock.h                       + sys/clock.h
  + sys/quota.h                           + ufs/ffs/ffs_bswap.c
  + ufs/ffs/ffs_extern.h                  + ufs/ffs/ffs_subr.c
  + ufs/ffs/ffs_tables.c                  + ufs/ffs/fs.h
  + ufs/ufs/dinode.h                      + ufs/ufs/dir.h
  + ufs/ufs/quota.h                       + ufs/ufs/ufs_bswap.h

  > Import makefs - a tool to create filesystem images from a directory.
  > This is a rough port of the NetBSD tool with some features removed we
  > don't need. It compiles, but I don't promise anything more. Importing
  > now, so we can hack on it in tree.
  > The supported filesystem types are: cd9660, ffs and msdosfs.
  > ok deraadt (natano@)

  - fs/msdosfs/clock_subr.c               - fs/msdosfs/clock_subr.h
  - sys/clock.h                           ~ Makefile
  ~ msdos.c                               ~ fs/msdosfs/denode.h
  ~ fs/msdosfs/direntry.h                 ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_conv.c
  ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_lookup.c           ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfsmount.h
  ~ msdos/msdosfs_vfsops.c                ~ msdos/msdosfs_vnops.c

  > Replace fs/msdosfs/{msdosfs_conv.c,direntry.h} with stripped-down
  > versions from our own tree. This allows to remove the clock_subr.c
  > tentacle. (natano@)

  ~ ffs/ffs_alloc.c                       ~ ffs/ffs_extern.h
  ~ fs/msdosfs/denode.h                   ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_lookup.c
  ~ ufs/ffs/ffs_extern.h                  ~ ufs/ffs/ffs_subr.c

  > Remove some unused functions. Found by cppcheck from ports. (natano@)

  ~ cd9660.c                              ~ ffs.c
  ~ makefs.c                              ~ msdos.c
  ~ walk.c                                ~ cd9660/cd9660_archimedes.c
  ~ cd9660/cd9660_debug.c                 ~ cd9660/cd9660_eltorito.c
  ~ cd9660/cd9660_strings.c               ~ cd9660/cd9660_write.c
  ~ cd9660/iso9660_rrip.c                 ~ ffs/ffs_alloc.c
  ~ ffs/ffs_balloc.c

  > Unused includes, as reported by include-what-you-use from ports. (natano@)

  ~ Makefile                              ~ README
  ~ cd9660.c                              ~ cd9660.h
  ~ ffs.c                                 ~ ffs.h
  ~ makefs.8                              ~ makefs.c
  ~ makefs.h                              ~ msdos.c
  ~ msdos.h                               ~ walk.c
  ~ xmalloc.c                             ~ cd9660/cd9660_archimedes.c
  ~ cd9660/cd9660_archimedes.h            ~ cd9660/cd9660_conversion.c
  ~ cd9660/cd9660_debug.c                 ~ cd9660/cd9660_eltorito.c
  ~ cd9660/cd9660_eltorito.h              ~ cd9660/cd9660_strings.c
  ~ cd9660/cd9660_write.c                 ~ cd9660/iso9660_rrip.c
  ~ cd9660/iso9660_rrip.h                 ~ ffs/buf.c
  ~ ffs/buf.h                             ~ ffs/ffs_alloc.c
  ~ ffs/ffs_balloc.c                      ~ ffs/ffs_extern.h
  ~ ffs/mkfs.c                            ~ ffs/newfs_extern.h
  ~ ffs/ufs_bmap.c                        ~ ffs/ufs_inode.h
  ~ fs/cd9660/cd9660_rrip.h               ~ fs/cd9660/iso.h
  ~ fs/cd9660/iso_rrip.h                  ~ fs/msdosfs/bootsect.h
  ~ fs/msdosfs/bpb.h                      ~ fs/msdosfs/denode.h
  ~ fs/msdosfs/fat.h                      ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_fat.c
  ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_lookup.c           ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_unicode.c
  ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfsmount.h             ~ msdos/msdosfs_denode.c
  ~ msdos/msdosfs_vfsops.c                ~ msdos/msdosfs_vnops.c
  ~ newfs_msdos/mkfs_msdos.c              ~ newfs_msdos/mkfs_msdos.h
  ~ sys/bootblock.h                       ~ sys/quota.h
  ~ ufs/ffs/ffs_bswap.c                   ~ ufs/ffs/ffs_extern.h
  ~ ufs/ffs/ffs_subr.c                    ~ ufs/ffs/ffs_tables.c
  ~ ufs/ffs/fs.h                          ~ ufs/ufs/dinode.h
  ~ ufs/ufs/dir.h                         ~ ufs/ufs/quota.h
  ~ ufs/ufs/ufs_bswap.h

  > Add OpenBSD RCS tags; reminded by tb (natano@)

  ~ ffs.c                                 ~ makefs.8
  ~ makefs.c                              ~ makefs.h

  > Remove the -Z (spare ffs image) option. (natano@)

  ~ makefs.8                              ~ makefs.c
  ~ makefs.h                              ~ walk.c

  > Only allow one directory as argument and remove the -r option.
  > ok deraadt (on principle) (natano@)

  ~ Makefile

  > The MSDOS_EI define isn't used anywhere. (natano@)

  ~ fs/msdosfs/fat.h                      ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfsmount.h
  ~ msdos/msdosfs_vfsops.c

  > remove GEMDOS code (tedu@)

  ~ cd9660.c                              ~ ffs.c

  > /* XXX bounds checking! */
  > very crudely fix a few strcpy and sprintf warnings.
  > leave the quality warnings. (tedu@)

  ~ cd9660.c

  > there's no need for a special typedef and function pointer for picking
  > between two functions. (tedu@)

  ~ ffs.c                                 ~ makefs.c
  ~ makefs.h                              ~ ffs/mkfs.c
  ~ ufs/ufs/dir.h

  > remove some byte swapping code from the top end (tedu@)

  ~ ffs/ffs_alloc.c                       ~ ffs/ffs_balloc.c
  ~ ufs/ffs/ffs_subr.c                    ~ ufs/ufs/ufs_bswap.h

  > another round of deswapping (tedu@)

  ~ ufs/ufs/ufs_bswap.h

  > simplify swapper functions a bit (tedu@)

  ~ ffs.c                                 ~ ffs/ffs_alloc.c
  ~ ufs/ffs/ffs_subr.c                    ~ ufs/ufs/ufs_bswap.h

  > remove swapping add macros (tedu@)

  ~ ffs/buf.h                             ~ fs/msdosfs/denode.h
  ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_lookup.c           ~ msdos/msdosfs_denode.c
  ~ msdos/msdosfs_vnops.c

  > we're not going to be using kauth_creds (tedu@)

rebound

  ~ rebound.c

  > switch to a re-exec model instead of plain forking to reduce sharing.
  > this shuffles about some of the initialization code and consolidates all
  > the worker initialization in one place.
  > the parent process runs the monitor loop and execs workers via -W, which
  > then drop immediately into the worker loop.
  > file descriptors currently inherited across exec, which probably exceeds
  > safe magic levels, but fits the existing model without too many changes.
  > (tedu@)

rpc.bootparamd

  ~ bootparamd.c

  > Rename local variable 'err' to 'error', to avoid -Wshadow conflicts with
  > err.h (jca@)

smtpd

  ~ smtp_session.c

  > Remove the "phase" state variable from the smtp session.  Simply check
  > "helo[0]" to see if an HELO/EHLO command was received (reset after
  > starttls), and "tx" to know if we are in a transaction.
  > ok  gilles@ millert@ (eric@)

syslogd

  ~ privsep.c                             ~ syslogd.c
  ~ syslogd.h

  > Use closefrom(4) in privsep parent and avoid some global file
  > descriptor variables in syslogd(8) this way.
  > OK rzalamena@ (bluhm@)

  ~ privsep.c                             ~ ringbuf.c
  ~ syslogd.c

  > Fix trailing whitespace and shorten long lines.
  > No binary change. (bluhm@)

vmd

  ~ virtio.c