OpenBSD src changes summary for 2016-10-17

bin/ksh                                 lib/libcrypto
lib/libpcap                             regress/usr.bin
sbin/ifconfig                           share/man
sys/sys                                 usr.bin/sort
usr.sbin/ldapd                          usr.sbin/makefs
usr.sbin/syslogd                        usr.sbin/vmd

== bin =============================================================== 01/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/bin

ksh

  ~ vi.c

  > Make sure the cursor goes to the first byte of a UTF-8 character
  > and not to a continuation byte for these commands: b B e E w W |
  > Let {e,E}ndword return the position after the word because that is
  > easier to handle in the caller.
  > OK tb@ czarkoff@ (schwarze@)

  ~ main.c                                ~ vi.c

  > No need to inspect LC_CTYPE:
  > * It was only used in vi input mode.
  > * No functional change in case of set -o vi-show8.
  > * No functional change if LC_CTYPE is set to UTF-8.
  > * More robust for the default of LC_CTYPE=C on a UTF-8 xterm.
  > Behaviour changes for the combination LC_CTYPE=C with set +o vi-show8
  > on non-UTF-8 terminals, but that combination is useless and dangerous
  > with or without this patch.  If you want to edit individual raw non-ASCII
  > non-UTF-8 bytes on the shell command line, always use set -o vi-show8.
  > (Besides, i doubt that you actually want to do that; better use a real
  > hex editor in the first place.)
  > OK czarkoff@. (schwarze@)

  ~ vi.c

  > resolve code duplication in domove() for the commands: b B w W
  > no functional change; suggested by tb@ (schwarze@)

  ~ vi.c

  > simplify implementation of the '$' command, no functional change;
  > OK nicm@ tb@ czarkoff@ (schwarze@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib

libcrypto

  ~ bn/bn_print.c

  > If BN_div_word() fails (by returning (BN_ULONG)-1) or if the division
  > fails to reduce the input in the expected space then fail out instead
  > of overflowing the allocated buffer.
  > combines openssl commits 28a89639da50b1caed4ff3015508f23173bf3e49 and
  > 3612ff6fcec0e3d1f2a598135fe12177c0419582
  > ok doug@ beck@ (guenther@)

libpcap

  ~ pcap.3

  > Add missing argument names for pcap_offline_filter. (lteo@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/regress

usr.bin

  ~ mandoc/mdoc/Bl/Makefile               ~ mandoc/mdoc/Bl/tag.in
  ~ mandoc/mdoc/Bl/tag.out_ascii          + mandoc/mdoc/Bl/tag.out_lint

  > test .Bl -tag without -width;
  > related to mandoc/mdoc_term.c rev. 1.231 and to textproc/groff-1.22.3p3
  > (schwarze@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin

ifconfig

  ~ brconfig.c                            ~ ifconfig.c

  > Use strtoull() to read the datapath id and expect "datapath" instead of
  > "datapathid" as stated by the man page.
  > ok reyk@ (rzalamena@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share

man

  ~ man9/mbuf.9

  > "send/received" -> "sent/received"
  > ok jmc@ (lteo@)

  ~ man5/malloc.conf.5

  > R option doesn't compact memory at all; flags are not only useful for
  > tetsing and debugging; mult-threaded programs use multiple pools (otto@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

sys

  ~ mbuf.h

  > "send/received" -> "sent/received"
  > ok jmc@ (lteo@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

sort

  ~ file.c                                ~ sort.1

  > /var/tmp -> /tmp
  > From Jan Stary.
  > "POSIX doesn't restrict us here" and ok schwarze@ (lteo@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

ldapd

  ~ ldapd.conf.5

  > Fix a few mistakes and add a FILES entry for /etc/ldap/certs
  > From Rob Pierce, help & ok jmc@ (jca@)

  ~ ldapd.conf.5

  > In FILES mention /etc/ldapd.conf first, then /etc/ldap/ entries (jca@)

  ~ ldapd.conf.5

  > Tweak /etc/ldap/certs/ FILES entry. (jca@)

makefs

  - sys/bootblock.h                       ~ cd9660/cd9660_eltorito.c

  > Only a few apple-specific bits are needed by eltorito, so copy them local.
  > (deraadt@)

  ~ ffs.c                                 ~ msdos.c
  ~ msdos.h                               ~ ffs/buf.c
  ~ ffs/buf.h                             ~ ffs/ffs_alloc.c
  ~ ffs/ffs_balloc.c                      ~ ffs/ffs_extern.h
  ~ ffs/ufs_inode.h                       ~ fs/msdosfs/denode.h
  ~ fs/msdosfs/fat.h                      ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_conv.c
  ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_fat.c              ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfs_lookup.c
  ~ fs/msdosfs/msdosfsmount.h             ~ msdos/msdosfs_denode.c
  ~ msdos/msdosfs_vfsops.c                ~ msdos/msdosfs_vnops.c
  ~ ufs/ffs/ffs_extern.h

  > mechanical rename of vnode to mkfsvnode and buf to mkfsbuf to avoid
  > collisions with the kernel structures of the same name.
  > caught one bug where the wrong header was being included. (tedu@)

  - ufs/ffs/ffs_bswap.c                   ~ Makefile

  > Everything in ffs_bswap.c is unused. (natano@)

  ~ makefs.8                              ~ makefs.c

  > Remove the -d option.
  > -d debug-mask
  > Enable various levels of debugging, depending upon which bits are
  > set in debug-mask.  XXX: document these
  > Useful, eh? Leaving the actual debug code in there for now, so debug
  > flags can be set at compile time. That might be removed in the future
  > too. (natano@)

  ~ ffs.c                                 ~ makefs.h
  ~ walk.c

  > Remove "feature" defines. This code won't try to be portable when we are
  > done hacking it. (natano@)

  - cd9660/cd9660_archimedes.c            - cd9660/cd9660_archimedes.h
  ~ Makefile                              ~ cd9660.c
  ~ cd9660.h                              ~ makefs.8

  > Remove cd9660's archimedes option, we won't need RISC OS metadata on our
  > ISO images. (natano@)

  ~ cd9660.c                              ~ cd9660.h

  > Remove some more unused cd9660 options. (natano@)

  - ufs/ffs/ffs_extern.h                  ~ ffs/ffs_extern.h
  ~ ufs/ffs/ffs_subr.c

  > Dedup ffs_extern.h. (natano@)

  - sys/quota.h                           - ufs/ufs/quota.h
  ~ msdos/msdosfs_vfsops.c

  > makefs doesn't care about quotas. (natano@)

  ~ ufs/ffs/fs.h                          ~ ufs/ufs/dinode.h
  ~ ufs/ufs/dir.h

  > Remove apple ufs bits. (natano@)

  ~ makefs.c                              ~ msdos/msdosfs_vfsops.c

  > unused variables (natano@)

syslogd

  ~ syslogd.8                             ~ syslogd.c
  ~ syslogd.h

  > Remove the artificial maximum number of unix domain sockets in
  > syslogd(8).  Just malloc(3) them dynamically which also gives a
  > more random address space layout.
  > OK deraadt@ (bluhm@)

vmd

  ~ parse.y                               ~ priv.c
  ~ vm.conf.5                             ~ vmd.c
  ~ vmd.h