OpenBSD src changes summary for 2017-08-08

distrib/miniroot                        lib/libc
regress/usr.bin                         sbin/dhclient
share/man                               sys/arch/amd64/amd64
sys/arch/amd64/include                  sys/arch/arm64/arm64
sys/arch/i386/i386                      sys/arch/i386/include
sys/kern                                sys/netinet
sys/netinet6                            sys/sys
usr.bin/tmux                            usr.sbin/ifstated
usr.sbin/rtadvd                         usr.sbin/syslogd

== distrib =========================================================== 01/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/distrib

miniroot

  ~ install.sub

  > Fix a bug introduced in r1.1028 while switching enable_network()
  > from _hn to _if.
  > Found by Pontus Lundkvist (rpe@)

== lib =============================================================== 02/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib

libc

  ~ gen/syslog_r.c

  > Kernel sendsyslog(2), libc syslog(3), and syslogd(8) restrict and
  > truncate the length of a syslog message to 8192 bytes.  Use one
  > global define LOG_MAXLINE for all of them.
  > OK deraadt@ millert@ (bluhm@)

  ~ gen/sysctl.3

  > Stop running nd6_expire every second.
  > We know when pltime or vltime decrease to zero. Run nd6_expire then.
  > Input & OK mpi, bluhm (florian@)

== regress =========================================================== 03/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/regress

usr.bin

  ~ mandoc/db/out/all.mout

  > Mandoc no longer uses names that only occur in the SYNOPSIS.
  > Adapt test.
  > OK schwarze@ (bluhm@)

== sbin ============================================================== 04/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin

dhclient

  ~ dhclient.c                            ~ kroute.c

  > KNF some long lines. (krw@)

  ~ kroute.c                              ~ privsep.c
  ~ privsep.h

  > Rename resolv_conf_priority() to default_route_index() to
  > reflect what it does. (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 05/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share

man

  ~ man4/uplcom.4

  > Mention supported Aten UC232A adapter.
  > ok deraadt@ jca@ jmc@ (anton@)

== sys =============================================================== 06/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ intr.c                                ~ ioapic.c

  > Get rid of read_psl() and write_psl() by replacing
  > read_psl() + disable_intr() with intr_disable(),
  > and write_psl() with intr_restore().
  > OK kettenis@ (visa@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ cpufunc.h

  > Get rid of read_psl() and write_psl() by replacing
  > read_psl() + disable_intr() with intr_disable(),
  > and write_psl() with intr_restore().
  > OK kettenis@ (visa@)

arch/arm64/arm64

  ~ locore.S                              ~ sig_machdep.c

  > Arm64 compilers like many others anymore will use floating point registers
  > for non-foating point data, so it is important that FPU state be
  > saved and restored when a signal is delivered.
  > This diff that performs a save and restore of all of the floating point
  > registers (not just the callee save registers). It is added to sigcode
  > running in userland instead of into the kernel with copyin()/copyout()
  > similar to the code in powerpc (macppc) locore.S (drahn@)

arch/i386/i386

  ~ ioapic.c

  > Get rid of read_psl() and write_psl() by replacing
  > read_psl() + disable_intr() with intr_disable(),
  > and write_psl() with intr_restore().
  > OK kettenis@ (visa@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ cpufunc.h

  > Get rid of read_psl() and write_psl() by replacing
  > read_psl() + disable_intr() with intr_disable(),
  > and write_psl() with intr_restore().
  > OK kettenis@ (visa@)

kern

  ~ subr_log.c

  > Kernel sendsyslog(2), libc syslog(3), and syslogd(8) restrict and
  > truncate the length of a syslog message to 8192 bytes.  Use one
  > global define LOG_MAXLINE for all of them.
  > OK deraadt@ millert@ (bluhm@)

netinet

  ~ ip.h                                  ~ ip_input.c

  > Increase the limit of the IP protocol queues from 256 to 2048 mbufs.
  > The interface congestion algorithm kills performance at this place,
  > with the large queues it never triggers.
  > OK mpi@ claudio@ (bluhm@)

  ~ icmp6.h

  > Stop running nd6_expire every second.
  > We know when pltime or vltime decrease to zero. Run nd6_expire then.
  > Input & OK mpi, bluhm (florian@)

  ~ ip.h

  > fix typo in previous commit. (tj@)

netinet6

  ~ ip6_input.c

  > Increase the limit of the IP protocol queues from 256 to 2048 mbufs.
  > The interface congestion algorithm kills performance at this place,
  > with the large queues it never triggers.
  > OK mpi@ claudio@ (bluhm@)

  ~ in6.c                                 ~ nd6.c
  ~ nd6.h

  > Stop running nd6_expire every second.
  > We know when pltime or vltime decrease to zero. Run nd6_expire then.
  > Input & OK mpi, bluhm (florian@)

sys

  ~ syslog.h

  > Kernel sendsyslog(2), libc syslog(3), and syslogd(8) restrict and
  > truncate the length of a syslog message to 8192 bytes.  Use one
  > global define LOG_MAXLINE for all of them.
  > OK deraadt@ millert@ (bluhm@)

== usr.bin =========================================================== 07/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

tmux

  ~ cmd-select-pane.c                     ~ cmd-select-window.c

  > Hooks for after-select-pane and after-select-window. (nicm@)

== usr.sbin ========================================================== 08/08 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

ifstated

  ~ ifstated.c

  > Consistent use of log.c, and removal of err.h include. Makes ifstated
  > configtest output the same as other networking daemons.
  > Ok jca@ (rob@)

  ~ ifstated.8

  > Use configtest as one word like other network daemon man pages.
  > Ok benno@, jmc@ (rob@)

rtadvd

  ~ config.c

  > Do not forget to reschedule the timer when we receive a new prefix.
  > This way the new prefix can be advertized asap.  ok florian@ (jca@)

syslogd

  ~ syslogd.c                             ~ syslogd.h
  ~ ttymsg.c