OpenBSD src changes summary for 2017-08-09

lib/libssl                              lib/libtls
sbin/dhclient                           share/mk
sys/arch/amd64/amd64                    sys/arch/amd64/include
sys/arch/arm64/arm64                    sys/arch/arm64/dev
sys/arch/arm64/include                  sys/arch/i386/include
sys/arch/octeon/dev                     sys/dev/acpi
sys/dev/pci                             sys/kern
sys/netinet6                            sys/nfs
usr.bin/bgplg                           usr.bin/mandoc
usr.bin/tmux                            usr.sbin/ndp
usr.sbin/relayd                         usr.sbin/smtpd
usr.sbin/vmd

== lib =============================================================== 01/06 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib

libssl

  ~ s3_lib.c

  > Fix conditionals for DH controls. (jsing@)

  ~ s3_lib.c

  > Remove unnecessary curly braces and unindent. Also add a few blank lines
  > for readability. (jsing@)

  ~ s3_lib.c

  > Start splitting out controls into individual functions, so that they can
  > eventually be exposed as direct functions/symbols. (jsing@)

  ~ s3_lib.c

  > Split more controls into individual functions. (jsing@)

  ~ s3_lib.c

  > Split out the remaining SSL controls into individual functions. (jsing@)

  ~ s3_lib.c

  > Be consistent and return from each SSL control case, rather than breaking
  > from some. (jsing@)

  ~ s3_lib.c

  > Start splitting out SSL_CTX controls into individual functions, so that
  > they can eventually be exposed as direct functions/symbols. (jsing@)

  ~ s3_lib.c

  > Split out the remaining SSL_CTX controls into individual functions.
  > (jsing@)

  ~ s3_lib.c

  > Consistently return from each SSL/SSL_CTX control case, rather than
  > breaking from some and returning from others. (jsing@)

  ~ ssl_lib.c                             ~ ssl_locl.h
  ~ t1_lib.c

  > Pull out the code that identifies if we have an ECC cipher in the cipher
  > list or if we are negotiating an ECC cipher in the handshake. This dedups
  > some of the existing code and will make the EC extension rewrites easier.
  > ok doug@ (jsing@)

libtls

  ~ tls.c                                 ~ tls_config.c
  ~ tls_internal.h

  > Don't use tls_cert_hash for the hashing used by the engine offloading magic
  > for the TLS privsep code. Instead use X509_pubkey_digest() because only the
  > key should be used as identifier. Relayd is rewriting certificates and then
  > the hash would change. Rename the hash is struct tls_keypair to pubkey_hash
  > to make clear what this hash is about.
  > With input and OK jsing@ (claudio@)

== sbin ============================================================== 02/06 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin

dhclient

  ~ dhclient.c                            ~ dispatch.c

  > Add some additional poll() error checking. Remove checks
  > for EAGAIN as that is not a possible poll() errno.
  > suggestions & ok guenther@ (krw@)

  ~ dhcpd.h                               ~ dispatch.c
  ~ kroute.c

  > Stop obsessively flushing the imsg connection. Just
  > flush any queued messages on getting a POLLOUT. (krw@)

== share ============================================================= 03/06 ==

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share

mk

  ~ bsd.lib.mk

  > switch the order of substitutions for syspatch object file order to avoid
  > deleting ../ in the path (robert@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys

arch/amd64/amd64

  ~ vmm.c

  > typo in comment (mlarkin@)

  ~ vmm.c

  > Expose TSC to vmm guest
  > This exposes TSC to vmm guest and OpenBSD guests should use it as a
  > preferred
  > timecounter on >= skylake. This should improve the clock drift situation.
  > This
  > breaks vmctl send and receive (for >= skylake), working on that.
  > ok mlarkin@ (pd@)

  ~ vmm.c

  > fix a few DPRINTFs in vmm.c so that compilation with VMM_DEBUG works
  > ok mlarkin@ (pd@)

arch/amd64/include

  ~ specialreg.h

  > reorder some MSRs in the MSR list that were out of order. No functional
  > change; I'll be adding a few new ones and noticed these were misplaced.
  > (mlarkin@)

  ~ specialreg.h

  > Add IA32_MISC_ENABLE MSR and bitfield values, to be used shortly by
  > vmm(4) (mlarkin@)

arch/arm64/arm64

  ~ support.S

  > remove duplicated PAGE macros and drop type suffix
  > ok kettenis@ (jsg@)

  ~ machdep.c

  > fix format strings
  > ok kettenis@ (jsg@)

  ~ cpu.c                                 ~ pmap.c
  ~ trap.c

  > Fix format strings to make the kernel build on arm64 again after the
  > recent kprintf changes in clang.
  > ok deraadt@ kettenis@ (jsg@)

arch/arm64/dev

  ~ agintc.c

  > Fix format strings to make the kernel build on arm64 again after the
  > recent kprintf changes in clang.
  > ok deraadt@ kettenis@ (jsg@)

arch/arm64/include

  ~ param.h                               ~ vmparam.h

  > remove duplicated PAGE macros and drop type suffix
  > ok kettenis@ (jsg@)

arch/i386/include

  ~ specialreg.h

  > reorder some MSRs in the MSR list that were out of order. No functional
  > change; I'll be adding a few new ones and noticed these were misplaced.
  > (mlarkin@)

  ~ specialreg.h

  > Add IA32_MISC_ENABLE MSR and bitfield values, to be used shortly by
  > vmm(4) (mlarkin@)

arch/octeon/dev

  ~ octcit.c

  > Clear any pending (edge-triggered) interrupts at setup to avoid
  > spurious interrupts with newly established handlers. (visa@)

dev/acpi

  ~ acpi.c

  > Add "PNP0303" (8042 PS/2 Controller) to acpi_isa_hids[]
  > ok kettenis@ (dcoppa@)

dev/pci

  ~ pcireg.h

  > vmd: allow guest PCI interrupt line reassignment.
  > I also added a couple config space register names to pcireg.h to try and
  > reduce the use of magic numbers in vmd/pci.c
  > ok pd@ (mlarkin@)

kern

  ~ uipc_socket.c                         ~ uipc_syscalls.c

  > Move the socket lock "above" sosetopt(), sogetopt() and sosplice().
  > Protect the fields modifieds by sosetopt() and simplify the dance
  > with the stars.
  > ok bluhm@ (mpi@)

netinet6

  ~ nd6_rtr.c

  > We are no longer processing router advertisements in the
  > kernel.
  > OK mpi (florian@)

  ~ nd6.c                                 ~ nd6.h

  > We are no longer generating privacy addresses in the
  > kernel.
  > OK mpi (florian@)

  ~ nd6.c                                 ~ nd6.h

  > accept_rtadv doesn't do anything since some time.
  > OK mpi (florian@)

  ~ nd6.c                                 ~ nd6.h

  > Remove knob and always do neighbor unreachable detection. (florian@)

nfs

  ~ krpc_subr.c                           ~ nfs_socket.c
  ~ nfs_syscalls.c

  > Move the socket lock "above" sosetopt(), sogetopt() and sosplice().
  > Protect the fields modifieds by sosetopt() and simplify the dance
  > with the stars.
  > ok bluhm@ (mpi@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin

bgplg

  ~ bgplg.h

  > let the looking glass look at the details for a specific AS
  > diff from Denis Fondras, thanks!
  > OK benno@, phessler@ (phessler@)

mandoc

  ~ man.1

  > Explain how to transform markup for the terminal when not using a
  > pager, and how to remove markup.  Add related cross references.
  > While here, as suggested by jmc@, replace the excessive cross
  > references to the intro pages by a more relevant one to mandoc(1).
  > Triggered by a question from, using feedback from, and OK jmc@. (schwarze@)

tmux

  ~ cmd-choose-tree.c                     ~ format.c
  ~ screen-write.c                        ~ tmux.1
  ~ window-buffer.c                       ~ window-client.c
  ~ window-tree.c

  > Add -F to choose-tree, choose-client, choose-buffer to specify the
  > format of each line, as well as adding a couple of formats needed for
  > the default display. (nicm@)

  ~ options.c                             ~ window-tree.c

  > Fix filtering so it works after the change to only show windows if they
  > have multiple panes. (nicm@)

  http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin

ndp

  ~ ndp.8                                 ~ ndp.c

  > accept_rtadv doesn't do anything since some time.
  > OK mpi (florian@)

  ~ ndp.8                                 ~ ndp.c

  > Remove knob and always do neighbor unreachable detection. (florian@)

  ~ ndp.c

  > the recent adjustment of -i means usage() fits nicely on
  > two lines now, instead of three; (jmc@)

relayd

  ~ relay.c

  > Call tls_config_skip_private_key_check() to disable the key checking in
  > the inspect case (same is done in the regular server mode).
  > OK bluhm@ and jsing@ (claudio@)

  ~ ca.c

  > Use X509_pubkey_digest() like libtls to hash the keys for the TLS privsep
  > code. This fixes interception mode (since there we rewrite the CERT which
  > would alter the hash of the cert but the keys still remain the same).
  > OK bluhm@ and jsing@ (claudio@)

smtpd

  ~ mail.file.c                           ~ mail.lmtp.c
  ~ mail.maildir.c

  > at the exception of mail.local, smtpd never executes an MDA as root.
  > the check is performed daemon-side before even forking the child process,
  > but let's also check euid in the mda we ship in case someone executes them
  > by hand and needs to see an explicit error message. (gilles@)

  ~ mail/Makefile                         + mail.mda.8
  + mail.mda.c                            + mail/mail.mda/Makefile

  > add mail.mda MDA in charge of running a third-party MDA, not linked yet
  > (gilles@)

vmd

  ~ pci.c