Hi Zichen

On 27/02/2012 20:21, Frank Xu wrote:
> I'm working on setting up a wikipage for my research lab and our tech support
> gave us the interface of mediawiki. Due to the university constrain rules, I
> cannot access the backend files such as configure php files etc. However, I
> have
> such a function that need to be implemented. There is a publication page
> which
> contains all the publications we had the lab. My boss asked me to make it:
>
> 1. edit once affect everywhere;

This is how wikis work !? Isn't it?

> 2. can be sort by time or authoer name or type (conference, journal, thesis.);

Here is the answer:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Table#Sorting

> 3. can be colored by different publication type;

Seems feasible with CSS.

> 4. can be referenced in each person's wikipage but only with a subset of the
> publication list (the paper appears in one's page only if he/she was the
> author
> of the paper. Thus, it creates synchronize challenge with goal 1.)

Is possible by playing using template (with a parameter indicating the
filter) and the parser functions (hope this is installed on your
Mediawiki instance)
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:ParserFunctions

> I know that we could create a mysql database and use php files to do that
> (exactly what we did before.)
> I know it is too much to ask, but I'm really dancing with the "handcuff" on
> since I cannot access the backend and only via the mediawiki interface. Are
> there any other ways to finish this task?
> Any suggestions are appreciated.

This Mailing-list is not focused on Mediawiki Online usage. mediawiki-l
(https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mailing_lists) might be a better choice.

Regards
Emmanuel