Hi

Kiwix has been working since more than 5 years to make Wikipedia and
other works easily available through an offline jailed WiFi Hotspot. The
solution has been named over years "Kiwix Plug" or "Pibox installer 1.0"
and now "Kiwix Hotspot". If the name has changed many times, the efforts
have always been pointed to the same direction: make it always easier
and quicker to create your offline library WiFi Hotspot.

With Kiwix Hotspot 2.0, we have probably the easiest solution to
get the job done. With a PC, a good connection to internet, you will
need no effort to build your own customized offline library. Whatever
your operating system (Windows/MacOS/Linux) is, even if you have no
technical skills, you can in a few clicks create a ready-to-use micro SD
card for your Raspberry-Pi.

Features:
* Works on Windows/MacOS/Linux
* Writes SD card image to the hard-disk or directly to the SD card
* Command line & windowed versions
* Full CSS customisable Web home page
* Localisable in a few languages
* Full Kiwix ZIM catalog available
* Online File browser for custom additional files
* Wikifundi
* KA Lite

Just download and run the software:
* Windows:
https://download.kiwix.org/release/kiwix-hotspot/v2.0.3/kiwix-hotspot-win64.exe
* MacOS:
https://download.kiwix.org/release/kiwix-hotspot/v2.0.3/kiwix-hotspot-macos.dmg
* GNU/Linux:
https://download.kiwix.org/release/kiwix-hotspot/v2.0.3/kiwix-hotspot-linux.tar.gz

... The rest is quite easy. In the worse case, we have created a
documentation in English & French which is available here:
https://github.com/kiwix/kiwix-hotspot/tree/master/docs

We really hope this will allow new non-tech people to create offline
library by themselves.

Work on version 3.0 has already started and should be achieved later
this year. This new version will bring a new fancy UI, customisable at
anytime easily and of course with more education softwares and works.

Kind regards
Emmanuel

--
Kiwix - Wikipedia Offline & more