Hi

I'm happy to introduce you to Python-libzim.

Python-libzim package allows you to read/write ZIM files in Python. It
provides a shallow Python interface on top of the libzim C++ library. It
supports out-of-the-box macOS and GNU/Linux. For the other OSes you will
have to compile the libzim manually.

After Node.js, this is the second scripting language for which openZIM
proposes a binding of its famous reference implementation of the ZIM
open specification. This move is really important to allow more people
to benefit of the file format and ZIM files already published.

On our side, Python-libzim was critical for a few other projects which
are currently running. In the next months a few critical scrapers will
be migrated from zimwriterfs to python-libzim and benefit of a sensitive
code simplification and speed-up.

Install easily python-libzim with pip and give it a try:
https://pypi.org/project/libzim/

Happy coding!

Regards
Emmanuel