The only mention I see of it is in the URI specified in the FI_ADDR_STR example
in the fi_getinfo() man page.  Since my goal is to bind different traffic
classes to different transmit contexts for a scalable endpoint, specifying
TC/QOS as part of the address doesn't fill my need. I'd want an extra parameter
to fi_tx_attr.  In my head, this an index that functions as an abstract traffic
class, but the actual policy, if any, would be provided by the lower-level
driver or a higher level management tool. So a TC of zero or one, would have no
particular meaning to the API, it is just a label to be interpreted by
something else in the stack and it will simply be ignored by providers that
don't support it.

There is always the vendor-specific route, if need be.

John Byrne