Hi, Marcel

On 03:17 Wed 02 Dec     , Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Mitsutaka,
>
> > I'm trying to implement for Huawei E220 using Data Connection
> > Manager. I understand GPRS data conneciton is working in progress. But
> > I don't know much connection sequence that.
> >
> > So I'd like to tell me how should I approach. and I guess data
> > connection in the following. If I mistake, please point out.
> >
> > 1. Launch ofonod, plug-in the modem.
> > 2. Enable modems for getting modem information, Model, Manufacture, Serial
> > and so on(test/enable-modem).
> >
> > 3. Create a context(org.ofono.PrimaryDataContext) according to
> > doc/dataconnectionmanager-api.txt
> >    ex. Japanese carrier
> > % ./test/list-contexts
> > [ /huawei1 ]
> >     [ /huawei1/primarycontext1 ]
> >         Username = em
> >         Name = Example
> >         Settings = { }
> >         Active = 0
> >         AccessPointName = 1
> >         Password = em
> >         Type = internet
> >
> > 4. Activate it. but currently it can not be atacched
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "./test/activate-context", line 38, in <module>
> >     context.SetProperty("Active", dbus.Boolean(1))
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in
> > __call__
> >     return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in
> > __call__
> >     **keywords)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 622, in
> > call_blocking
> >     message, timeout)
> > dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.ofono.Error.NotAttached: GPRS is not
> > attached
> >
> > 5. Dialup using ATDT (this case is support only Tone)
> >    ATDT*99***1#
> >    CONNECT
> > 6. ppp0 interface up
> > 7. Authenticate EAP, PAP or CHAP using Username, Passowrd
> > 8. Getting IP Address, Netmask, Gateway from APN(?)
>
> so this is the interesting part. We don't wanna use the magic *99* magic
> and actually use the proper GPRS AT command for connecting the context.
Yes. I know dialup call is different in each carrier. Most data
connection dial number's are fixed. so I think it needs to add a new
context parametor 'dial number'.

> But then we have to talk PPP. That is currently work in progress as an
> extension to GAtChat.
Yeah, I thought data connection needs PPP(pppd). My image of
implementation is as wvdial configuration.

ex. wvdial connection
1. wvdial settings
2. Run wvdial using /etc/wvdial.conf
3. Run pppd from wvdial