Hi Denis,

> The original USSD API actually did look like this.  It used binary
data
> + dcs field.  However, we quickly found that all modems are screwed up
> in this area.  The specification added binary PDU mode to SMS and CBS,
but never bothered with USSD.  So all modems get this part wrong.

> Currently about the best we can do is pass UTF8 around.  If you have a
modem that gets this part right, we'd like to hear about it.  If the
Send USSD proactive command is
> not handled by the modem, then oFono will try to do its best.
However, we make no guarantees ;)

I think its better to send the dcs and the binary data to the atom
driver. If the modem doesn't support other than GSM 7-bit alphabet, then
the conversion can be done in the atom driver. This way it will be
general to any modem.

Let me know your views on this.

Regards,
jeevaka

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.