Hi Denis,

> Hi Petteri,
>
> On 09/10/2010 09:28 AM, Petteri Tikander wrote:
> > ---
> >  src/smsutil.c |   51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
> >  src/smsutil.h |    3 +--
>
> All four patches have been applied.  Thanks :)

Thanks for you for assistance!

> The only thing pending on this part is to handle the Status Report
> recipient address being 'tweaked' by the network.
>
> I've been hearing reports that some networks actually rewrite the
> address (e.g. change national number to international, etc) which causes
> our status reports to not match.
>
> We can do two things:
> 1. Rely on message reference only.  This seems dangerous
> 2. Fallback to a 'fuzzy'.  E.g. try to match on the reference and last n
> digits of the phone number, ignoring ton/npi.  This can get tricky as
> some national numbers can get different prefixes from the equivalent
> international number, so we need to pick a nice value of 'n'.

Perhaps we can pick 'n' for number from the original number, in which SMS-
message was submitted:

      04 1234 5678 is the national number

Then we must remember to drop the first digit from the area code (or operator
code or what ever it's called): 04=> 4

So the number-string to be compared in the status report-response will be '4
1234 5678'

And after receiving status report in the international format just find
correspondence with the international number (+61 4 1234 5678); last digits
should match.

OK. I don't know (at least haven't heart), will some operators drop more than
one digit from the area code. This would cause problems anyway, when checking
number-correspondence. But, I believe, number-checking presented above is
better than nothing for 'national->international'-situation.

> E.g. in Australia:
>
> +61 4 1234 5678 is the international number or:
> 04 1234 5678 is the national number.
>
> Let me know if you can think of a third option.
>
> Regards,
> -Denis

Have a nice week end.

Br, Petteri