> We have already had a discussion on this one when designing the current
> stk modem API.  The bottom line is that oFono tries to keep its core <->
> modem interfaces minimal and exposing the entirety of stkutil.h as
> official API is definitely too much.
>
> So right now you will need to re-encode into PDU form to support such
> modems (or ask the vendor to give the raw pdus)  While this is a bit of
> a performance hit, it isn't too bad as the PDUs are always smaller than
> 256 bytes.

In that case we would still want to use functionality from stkutil.c to do the
actual re-encoding. So in my mind it is a trade-off between forking stkutil.c
for one or more modem-plugins or exporting stkutil.h Given that the type
definitions in stkutil.h are a relative straightforward mapping of TS 102.223
and friends, it may not qualify as a "minimal" API but it will be a rather
stable API. So I would like to ask to reconsider exposing the type definitions
as part of the official oFono modem API.

Cheers,
Waldo