Hi Petteri,

> and thanks for the comments.

> I checked the invalidated-flag of EFadn (from file status-byte of GET
RESPONSE) and it actually changed according to FDN-enabling/disabling.
But for some reason I didn't
> got any change in EFsst for FDN/ADN-services. Could it be a good idea
to add also reading of EFadn in the SIM-initialization routine, check
invalidated-flag, and make
> decision of continuing initialization routine based on that?

  Exactly, thats what the specification also says. EFsst will inform 2
things: SIM's capabilty to support the service and service's
availability for the card holder. EFadn's file status is the one we need
to depend on for FDN enabled/disabled status.

> The other issue was that selection of service table (SIM/USIM) based
on EFphase. So SIM returns '3' in my tests. But the SIM-card seems to be
of type SIM (not USIM),
> because I accessed some USIM-type elementary files (EFest,
> EFpbr) and those returned only error-codes. Like phase (3g) wouldn't
actually be exactly the same thing than USIM-type. What about doing the
next change in the SIM-init
> routine (not trusting to EFphase response when accessing the correct
service tables):

> - read first EFest
> - if EFest-access gives a valid response, read EFust
> - if EFest-access doesn't give a valid response, read EFsst

EFphase information is not the correct way to determine the SIM card
type(SIM/USIM).

In most of the message based modems(eg: isimodem), there exists a
mechanism to get the type of the card.

AT based modem is the issue. Since most of the AT based modems doesn't
support AT+CSIM, its difficult to determine the card type.

I still believe that we need to determine the card type during the SIM
initialization itself for reading the right SIM files.

Regards,
jeevaka