Hi Aki,
The CBS topics set is simply not implemented in the current cbs
driver. I suggest you create a patch for adding that into the current
driver.

And same for the clear_topics callback.
Yes, I might be able to do that. I can not test it though, I haven't got any isimodem HW.
I assume you mean submitting a patch to the isimodem for this?

This has no business being in the isimodem driver. I suppose it was
included by mistake.
Yes, sorry.

So the IMEI is not stored on the modem at all. This obviously needs a
quirk, but I wonder if it would be cleaner to handle this in the modem
plugin. See for example how GPIO lines are handled in the n900 driver.

Right, we will look into that and probably get back to you on this with questions.

Is there actually anything different here, except for the name change?
It's using a forked version of GIsiPipe, but I'm pretty sure we can
just add the missing bits into the existing GIsiPipe class.
Yes, that could be a solution.
Just adding the decoding for NET_MODEM_ subblocks here would be
enough. In fact, these subblocks look almost identical to the existing
NET_ subblocks, so adding just extra case statements with the new
codepoints would probably work, too.
That would certainly look neater.  :-)

I think this is a bad idea. I know you're using NET_CS_CONTROL_REQ
here to implement the unregister callback, but the this is basically
just wrapping existing PN_MTC functionality. In general, ISI modems
don't seem to understand what a deregister even means.

In fact, even the D-Bus method seems of little value, and I would
remove it altogether. In any case, leaving this unimplemented is my
preference.
Ok, we can see if this works for us, but you are probably right.

This is different from the current netreg driver. However, it's easy
enough to alternate, see below.
I would suggest probing for both PN_NETWORK and PN_MODEM_NETWORK here.
Then which ever answers first gets used. After we know with which
resource we're working with, overloading a few of the ISI messages is
enough to make this driver work with both versions of modems.

Seems pretty straighforward.

I didn't go through all of the patch, but from what I can see, we can
pretty well fold the WG2.5 modem support into the existing drivers.
We'll get back to you on that when we have had another look at this and your other suggestions.

Thanks for your comments.  :-)

Best Regards,
Jessica