Hi Marcel,

2010/12/21 Marcel Holtmann <mar...@holtmann.org>:
> I am still saying that the plugin should monitor the presence of timed
> and then just send a D-Bus message to timed. That saves us the problem
> with the timestamping.

There is no problem. If you still think there is a problem, you need
to continue the previous thread on this subject and prove your point.

> And in case timed is not running it should just
> set the current time directly.

You're welcome to write such a plugin -- this is why nettime is a
plugin API after all. It might make sense in some platforms,
especially those that don't have a working monotonic clock...

> I really prefer that we don't hand out timestamps over the D-Bus API.
> That seems wrong to me.

No timestamp is sent. Please read the patches.

Cheers,
Aki