Hello Denis,

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 09:57 -0600, Denis Kenzior wrote:
> > Some virtual operators are using the same MCC/MNC as their host, or some
> > operators have several different trade names, and these can have
> > different access settings (at least different UI visible name).
> > SPN in SIM typically tells these cases apart. This is why I included
> > reading SPN to that example provisioning.
>
> Do you have specific examples?  To my knowledge the MVNOs should be
> provisioning the SIM with a different MNC from the host but the network
> used (and thus the network's MCC/MNC) are their host's.

I was not sure if all MVNOs have their own MNC, but in any case some
operators use different trade names. Off the top of my hat I know our
local Finnish operators Elisa and Sonera use trade names like Kolumbus
and TeleFinland, and their name shown in UI needs to be correct.

> > All provisioning plugins might not care about SPN (e.g. the previously
> > discussed one using mobile-broadband-provider-info?), so I would suggest
> > not creating specific SIM API yet. Of cause it can be added later, if so
> > wished.
>
> You might be able to get away with reading of EFspn just because it is
> cached nicely on disk.  But you will have to carefully consider your
> plugin design if you wish to do so to avoid any race conditions and be
> able to properly clean up.

You mean that if plugin gets removed/unregistered before SPN-reading
callback comes in?
That is a good point, and I also have to check how to handle this in
GPRS atom, since calling provisioning is asynchronous, and GPRS might
get removed while provisioning is running... I might need some help
figuring out solution to that.
Alternative is of cause to make provisioning synchronous, but that would
limit what plugin can do (like asking SPN with ofono_sim_read())

--Jukka