Hi,

Valgrind complains that we step outside the allocated memory by 1 byte
since we loop the string with:

while (*topics != '\0')

the allocated memory is the size of the string and any \0 ends up
outside. At least that's my interpretation.

It might be your loop is actually going past the end, not that the
terminating NULL is not within bounds returned from
cbs_topic_ranges_to_string.  If the original code was wrong then we
should be seeing valgrind report errors on the cbs code used in
unit/test-sms.c.  I'm not seeing this at all.

Yes you absolutely correct, we step it an extra time in one case.

Please disregard the patch.

Regards
Andreas