Hi Denis,

> >> This contradicts commit bb58a729073abcb6c5b0b2fb8b120973dfa42a07.
> > I can't quite understand why Dietrich needs to this commit. We formal
> > configure can just make EM770W works.
> > Could you help on this?
>
> The Huawei firmware is funny, it can actually reconfigure the modem and
> pcui ports (e.g. swap them).  So we might have to be a bit smarter and
> figure out which ports are actually being used for what inside the modem
> driver.

so I did apply this patch now since in the default settings the MDM port
should be on interface 0. All other ones are tempered with.

> Talk to Marcel, I believe he has played with the Huawei hardware the
> most and might have ideas on how to fix this.

And yes, I will add auto-detection for this now. It should be be
possible to figure this out.

ofonod[908]: PCUI: > AT^GETPORTMODE\r
ofonod[908]: PCUI: <
\r\n^getportmode:type:WCDMA:Qualcomm,MDM:0,NDIS:1,DIAG:2,PCUI:3\r\n\r\nOK\r\n

All latest modules support ^GETPORTMODE command and the ones that don't
have only two ports anyway.

Regards

Marcel