Hi Zhao,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 5:54 AM, Zhao Forrest <forrest.z...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Your patch removes many DBus APIs provided by audio/gateway.c, which
> was originally designed to provide a set of DBus functions/signals for
> ease of application development. In other words, your patch is too
> oFono-specific, and is not a general support for HFP HF unit role in
> BlueZ IMO. The DBus interface provided by your patch is not easy to
> develop the application because the application developer has to parse
> the AT commands by himself. I know that oFono could parse AT commands.
> But I don't think it a common case for other application developers.
> Why not extend audio/gateway.c instead of removing its DBus APIs or
> create a new file to support HFP for oFono in blueZ?
>
> I think maybe Marcel would have more comments on this to give a clear
> direction.

First of all, please don't top-post to this list.

Applications developers don't have to parse the AT commands by
themselves but rather use a telephony stack that implements the DBus
APIs.

This is kind of an agent (as in the pairing process)  that anyone
could implement. oFono implements it, so it's 1 option.

Lucas De Marchi