Thanks for the responses Denis !!

On Jan 11, 2017 5:53 PM, "Denis Kenzior" <denk...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Naveen,

On 01/11/2017 01:39 PM, Naveen Kumar Danturi wrote:

> Hi Ofono team,
> Is there a support in ofono for multiple PDN connections in parallel ?
> If so what interfaces/API's it exposes to connman to manage multiple
> APN's ? If so, I have these 2 questions :

Yes, oFono can activate multiple active contexts, assuming the hardware &
driver supports this.  See doc/connman-api.txt.  This is the same interface
ConnMan is using currently.  However, ConnMan only manages a single context
of type="internet".  I think there were some patches for ConnMan to support
multiple active internet contexts, but I'm not sure if they ever were
accepted upstream.

> a)  How ofono/connman able to construct / destruct routing tables on
> data connections for multiple APNs and makes sure that IP traffic goes
> to the right IP interface/APN ?

All routing table management is outside of oFono's area of responsibility.
Typically an application would use direct interface binding to use contexts
that are not managed by ConnMan.

> b)How ofono/connman ensures that domain name searches are performed via
> right IP interface/APN to the right name server. Provide mechanism to
> keep track of name servers associated with each APN ? I believe Linux
> only provides a mechanism for a single APN via /etc/resolv.con

Again, this is outside of oFono's area of responsibility.  We only provide
the DNS information for each context.

> c) Is it configurable from upper layers to ensure that if IPV6 is
> available then IPV6 routing and name discovery is used ?

Not oFono's responsibility either.

Regards,
-Denis