Hi,

I was reading through the ofono code and I see that there's a lot of code in place to support external plugins. As things currently stand, however, ofono can only be built with _builtin_ modules, so all this plugin infrastructure is totally unused. So I had a couple of questions about this:

i) Is there any value in keeping the plugin infrastructure in place? ...or would an effort to remove it be valued?

ii) Does anyone actually use the include/exclude module patterns to prevent "plugins" (modules) from being automatically loaded?

I could imagine marking all module init/exit functions with GCC attributes "constructor/destructor" and have them automatically and unconditionally initialized at startup. This would, however, render the exclude pattern option useless...

iii) Of course, using GCC attributes ties the project closer to one compiler which gives rise to another question. What are the platforms that Ofono aims to support today? Just Linux? Linux and others that work by chance by virtue of being compatible? Others?

Thanks,
Jonas