Hi Nikolas,

On 02/19/2018 06:55 AM, Nikolas Sepos wrote:
Hello Denis,

thank you very much for the reply.

    Doesn't seem to have anything to do with PPP actually.  Anyway,
    there should be no active contexts if we're detached.  Otherwise
this will confuse ConnMan, NetworkManager, etc. Aren't ConnMan & NetworkManager get the info regarding modems state etc. from ofono? How can this confuse them? (excuse my ignorance)

The global Attached status as well as whether a particular context is Active are signaled over D-Bus. There should be no active contexts if we're detached. Unfortunately the firmware on many modems does not make such guarantees. So oFono core tries pretty hard to make sure that a consistent state is signaled, e.g. no active contexts when detached.

    The core tries to work around some of the more common issues, but
    ultimately the driver needs to make sure the transitions are well
    behaved.

Shouldn't this behavior  be handled by the drivers directly instead of the core?

Ideally yes, but this is not what you were asking originally.

Regards,
-Denis