Hi,

+        string SystemPath [readonly, optional]
+
+            String giving a consistent hardware path for the modem
+            device. It will not change in case of reboot of modem
+            or ofono.

Given that many modems are USB devices, I don't think you can actually promise this.  I can envision a (slightly pathological) hardware design whereby the presence or absence of an _external_ device at startup may change the device enumeration order and thereby the syspath...

Right, this can depend on the kernel version also. I wouldn't claim any guarantees at the D-Bus API level as it is outside our control.

If someone chooses to use it as a consistent path, then they do it at their own risk.

Regards,
-Denis