Hi,

I (sometimes) use a huawei USB key named MS2372h-153.
With this key, I am sometimes unable to connect. When this happens, here
is what I have in traces:

t0) Attached to WCDMA network
t1) Switch to LTE network
t1+xs) Attachment loss reported
t1+(x+2)s) Attached to WCDMA network
t2) Switch to LTE network
t2) Attachment loss reported
t2+2s) Attached to WCDMA network

So I am not able to have a stable network attachment. This does not
happen if I have a direct attach to LTE network. In this case, I have a
stable connection.

I don't know why this key systematically reports a network detach when
switching from WCDMA to LTE. But I also don't understand why Ofono sends
a AT+CGATT=0 each time detach is reported and AT+CGATT=1 each time
network attachment is back.

I tried to remove the call to gprs->driver->set_attached in
gprs_netreg_update (src/gprs.c). When problem occurs, with this patch I
have:
t0) Attached to WCDMA network
t1) Switch to LTE network
t1+xs) Attachment loss reported
t1+(x+2)s) Attached to LTE network

And then I have a stable connection.

I tried to find where this call come from and traced it back to a very
old commit:
commit f43efa8a5f24f2aab71f829082cc02a272268986
Author: Andrzej Zaborowski <andrew.zaborow...@intel.com>
Date:   Mon Oct 12 23:35:59 2009 +0200

Please find with this mail two files with Ofono complete traces of the
problem (in ofonoTraces.tar.gz):
attachmentLossLoop.txt:
Oct 22 09:44:35: Attached WCDMA
Oct 22 09:48:41: switch to LTE
Oct 22 09:48:53: loosing network
Oct 22 09:48:53: AT+CGATT=0
Oct 22 09:48:55: Attached WCDMA
Oct 22 09:48:55: AT+CGATT=1
Oct 22 09:48:58: switch to LTE
Oct 22 09:48:58: loosing network
Oct 22 09:48:58: AT+CGATT=0
Oct 22 09:49:12: Attached WCDMA

attachmentOkWithoutCGATT.txt:
Oct 22 14:04:58: WCDMA connection
Oct 22 14:05:23: switch to LTE
Oct 22 14:05:35: loosing network
Oct 22 14:05:36: attached back, directly on LTE

My question is: why does ofono core ask driver to detach from PS domain
when network attachment is lost?

Best Regards,

Christophe Ronco