On 03/08/2021 15:28, Denis Kenzior wrote:
Hi Alex,

I have been chasing this up with Quectel and they tell me this the correct implementation.

"QCOPS and QENG command show the RSSI、RSRP and SINR value of the network, this is in accordance with the 3GPP TS regulations, so it is normal for negative numbers to be displayed.image"

So the image shows the value for <rsrp>

'0' if -140 dbm
'95' if dbm is -46 to -45
etc.

<rsrp> (what is actually sent over AT commands) is never negative. Isn't the image supporting my earlier assertion:  'AT commands do not have a concept of negative numbers'?

oFono exposes the <rsrp> value from 3GPP:

"byte ReferenceSignalReceivedPower [optional, lte]

        Contains the Reference Signal Received Power.  Valid range of values         is 0-97. Refer to <rsrp> in 27.007, Section 8.69 for more details.
"

Regards,
-Denis

Thanks... will go back to Quectel... (!)

Cheers,

Alex