On 12/29/06, Reaxor Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
> I've written a 2x gfx filter in freebasic
> basicly it converts a a 320x200 screen to 640x480
> and smoothes out the pixels.
>
> I would like to implement it into ohrrpgce in a custom
> version or whatever.
>
> Anyways I've been sifting thru the code and I'm not
> sure where to start modding
>
> If someone could point out the right spots in the
> program where it changes screen and writes to the
> screen I would be super grateful.

Hi,

The FreeBasic screen access is all done in gfx_fb.bas.

The game engine itself "draws" to a 320x200 array of bytes, (actually
one of four such "pages") and gfx_fb takes this array and does the
actual screen handling. This keeps everything contained, and allows
for alternative graphics systems, like gfx_allegro.bas. All your
changes should be able to go into gfx_fb.bas.

Cheers,

Simon