pkmnfrk
2007-02-14 20:37:07 -0800 (Wed, 14 Feb 2007)
839
In the future, text will (almost certainly) be more customizable. Just laying
out a bit of groundwork before hand for this, adding the ability for any given
string drawn with printstr() to have embedded newlines, as well as being able
to override the text color.

This is done via character codes 1-31 (the unused Control codes that aren't
avaialable for text in the OHR). For example, 13 signifies a line break due to
its nigh universal usage for such (or, is it 10 that Unix uses? I always get
them mixed up). I arbitrarily chose 1 and 2 for text fg/bg colours.

Technically, this makes these features available to plotscripting strings, but
to use them, you'd need to embed those characters directly into the plotscript
file, which while doable, isn't very convenient. Or, you can use append
ascii.... More thought on this is required.
---
U   wip/allmodex.bas