On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 09:32:29PM +1200, Ralph Versteegen wrote:
> On 7/24/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > james
> > 2007-07-23 09:49:20 -0700 (Mon, 23 Jul 2007)
> > 300
> > Spell learning fixes. Resolves bug 410
> > * Learned spells are properly eported after battle (missing HeroDef
> > conversion)
> > * Fixed unreported bug that prevented spells from being learned if the
> > levelup bug bitset was on
> > * Fixed broken spell-forgetting when experience has been lowered with
> > plotscripting
> > ---
> > U   wip/bmod.bas
> > U   wip/bmodsubs.bas
>
> Besides cleanup, I don't see anything that actually changed
> (especially to do with reporting after battles). Were the offsets into
> buffer() wrong? Were the calls to loadattackdata and redbadbinstring
> not equivalent to readattackname?

buffer was empty (or rather, it contained old data unelated to heroes)
Most of the code had been updated to use a HeroDef instance rather than
data in buffer, but half the code for spell learning and all the code
for spell forgetting had been missed.

As for the no-learning-when-level-up-bug-enabled, that one was a much
older bug caused by the fact that when the level-up bug is enabled it
would load equipment data into buffer, clobbering the hero data that was
needed later for learning.

---
James Paige