On 3 February 2013 14:55, James Paige <b...@hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 01:33:01PM +1300, Ralph Versteegen wrote:
>> >
>> > I could go either way. Which would you feel better about, a quick
>> > Beelzebufo release? Or pushing it off till later?
>> >
>> > I do feel pretty good about the current state of the nightlies
>> > (especially when held in comparison to Alectormancy) and I would love to
>> > have Turn-based battles in a stable release.
>> >
>> > ---
>> > James
>>
>> My natural tendency is always to want to delay releases for big
>> features so I have to resist that. There's not much benefit to
>> delaying, really. It's been over 7 months since the last major release
>> and months since we originally planned to release.
>>
>> I do have quite a number of small bugfixes and requests I hope to get
>> done soon, shouldn't take more than a couple weeks in all.
>
> How about we aim for a release candidate in 2 weeks, and a release in 4?

This sounds good to me.

>> One less-than-minor thing I would like to get in though is Fnnrf's
>> bugfix request, which requires changes to hero stat storage. I feel
>> it's only fair I do that soon, since you've wrapped up all the other
>> requests.
>
> I am happy to help. Why don't we discuss it on-list and come up with an
> implementation plan. That might make apparent some ways to share the
> work.

I haven't looked deeply into what exactly needs to be done, nor how to
go about doing it piece by piece. It might not be terribly much work
though: the the pieces are, I think, hero UDT/updating
adding/swapping/etc hero code, rsav, equipping, level-up stat
increase, propagating stat changes from battles and oob attacks, and
new script commands to access base stats.

My previous reply was to the list; maybe also putting you in the 'To'
field created confusion.

>> An option for changing the resolution is probably best restricted to
>> nightlies until it is well-completed anyway, because of all the things
>> like built in menu customisation and backdrop size that ought to be
>> done at the same time.
>
> Yeah, I think you are right. We can do resolution changes (and maybe
> framerate changes?) right after Beelzebufo, and then have the whole C???
> release cycle to get them polished and spiffy.

Yes, though one release cycle would easily not be enough to update everything.