On 12 April 2018 at 03:52, James Paige <b...@hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 8:34 AM, Ralph Versteegen <teeem...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 12 April 2018 at 03:18, James Paige <b...@hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am wondering if we should just enable this across the board for all
>>> usemenu calls?
>>>

>> I would say so. I think the only place where we might want to use
>> right-dragging for something else is in the sprite editor. If we want some
>> special secondary action while dragging something, we could use
>> left-dragging and then show a popup menu, or require holding Ctrl.
>>

> How about I enable right-drag-scrolling by default, and give MenuState a
> .no_drag_scrolling member that can selectively disable it? That seems
> simple enough.

Sure, that makes a lot of sense.

> All this mouse support has me thinking about finally working on an Android
> port of Custom (after fufluns). It would be pretty cool to be able to work
> on my game from my phone. ;)

I've thought of it many times over the years, but am always forced to
conclude that it seems crazy, even on a tablet where bringing up an
on-screen keyboard for text input is OK. There are just so many editor
where you need to use keyboard shortcuts, for which I assume an on-screen
keyboard won't do. . But I guess you could do maybe 80-90% of things
already or with small tweaks to Custom, if that's enough to make a port at
all useful? Otherwise you can find all those editors which use shortcut
keys and add toolbars and buttons... hmm, that's actually starting to feel
like an approachable task, since nearly all of Custom now at least allows
navigating with the mouse. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought.

Also, sorry, I still need to reply to the other email... tomorrow!