A command to append extra arrays sounds great.

The argument to append the path also affects whether or not the extra array
is erased beforehand.

Hamster speak would really benefit from some kind of python-style keyword
argument support, which would make lots of optional arguments less painful

I was also thinking about adding script commands to wrap inserting to
extra, and deleting a slice from extra. I know those can be slow because
they are doing a memcopy, but that could be mentioned in the docs, and it
is still way better than doing the same operation by moving elements in a
for loop