Hello,

I prepared OpenIndiana vagrant box from the latest hipster 2016.04 snapshot.
This is targeted mostly at users and developers, who do not run OI as their
main platform, but use VirtualBox for developing software or doing illumos
builds on OpenIndiana. This box is created from text installer. GUI variant can
come at the later phase and I am willing to accept contributions for that.
Also, this box comes only with virtualbox as I don’t have access to VMWare
Fusion or Vagrant vmware provider. If somebody has access to it and is willing
to contribute, I’d gladly appreciate it.

How to get started:

1) Download and install Vagrant from https://www.vagrantup.com
<https://www.vagrantup.com/>
2) Download and Install VirtualBox
3) Run following commands:

vagrant init openindiana/hipster; vagrant up --provider virtualbox

This will download the hipster box, create Vagrantfile in the current directory
and bring up the hipster vagrant box.

4) Do you development/test it.
5) After finished, run this command to destroy the instnace:

vagrant destroy

Please, test this box and let me know any issues. Once, bugs are removed, I
will recreate the box and push the final build to Hashicorp’s Atlas.

I am aware of only these 2 minor bugs, which annoy me:

- grub timeout is set to 30 seconds, which will be lowered to 5 (no need to
have it 30 seconds in this case)
- box size. The box is compressed and has around 1GB in size. This is rather
more complicated, but I’d like to try to minimize the box size a little bit.

In the future, I’d like to start rolling out OI images for more platforms. I
might do qcow2 image in near future (based on how fast I might come to KVM
resources).

If there are any questions, just ask.

Cheers,
Adam