On 16/08/2016 17:10, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
Hello, people.

I wanted to announce availability of Mate some time ago, but there were some
issues, especially when I tried to build Mate Live CD. Good news is that now
most irritating issues (or at least those which I found) are fixed.
Two new image types: OI_MATE - this is Mate-based LiveDVD and OI_minimal (we
tried to strip down OI a bit). One thing about minimal image - it doesn't
deliver sudo, so initial user just gets root role. Note, these are test images
and not official snapshots.

We would be glad for you to test them.

We'd like to hear your opinion, which images are necessary for next snapshot
(supposedly, 2016.10). We think that minimal one, Mate and Gnome one are enough.
We are going to avoid delivering Gnome ISO image after next snapshot (in 2017).

Also we are interested to hear if community needs VM images, and if it needs,
then what exactly (qcow2, vmdk or something else).

Good work ! But under qemu-kvm, the MATE iso fails by starting Caja
in an endless loop (visible in the lower panel), so the desktop remains
mostly black, and Mate does not stop starting...
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php