On 8/28/2016 3:17 AM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
On 28/08/2016 12:15, Volker A. Brandt wrote:
Udo Grabowski (IMK) writes:
On 27/08/2016 20:30, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
pkg:/x11/library/toolkit/libxaw4@0.5.11,5.11-2013.0.0.0
pkg:/x11/library/toolkit/libxaw5@0.5.11,5.11-2013.0.0.0

These provide backwards binary compatibility for Xaw apps compiled
on older
Solaris releases - libXaw4 for those built on Solaris 2.2 or prior
(yes,
1992ish), libXaw5 for those build on Solaris 2.3 through 10.

libXaw7 is the current version of this, introduced to OpenSolaris in
2008.

There are a few programs out there needed that use this library,
xfig being the most prominent of these.

The xdvi viewer from the TeXlive system also (still) uses libXaw.

Indeed, I forgot that, this is also used here heavily,
so libXaw is indeed an important package to keep.

But if you're building them from source today, then you're using libxaw7, not libxaw4 or libxaw5 right? I only saw 4 & 5 on the
proposed deprecation list, not 7.

        -alan-