On 11/21/2016 05:44 AM, Toomas Soome wrote:

On 21. nov 2016, at 12:39, Jean-Pierre André <jean-pierre.an...@wanadoo.fr>
wrote:

Aurélien Larcher wrote:
Hello,
the download page points to the following instructions which are outdated:

https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Installing+OpenIndiana

I have a computer on which a boot option like
-B acpi-user-options=0x2 is required.

I have copied the latest image to a USB key, and I am
sure I did it correctly, as I have used it to install on
another computer.

I could not find where to insert the required option on
the USB key. I could not find where the new loader is
and where its boot options are. The grub files are on
/boot/grub but I cannot find an initialized menu, so
I cannot even tell which loader is in use.

What am I supposed to do ?

Jean-Pierre

echo “acpi-user-options=2” > usbmountpoint/boot/conf.d/acpi

this will make it default for your stick.

rgds,
toomas

The docs website has been updated with screen shots of the new boot loader, which show the various boot options.

http://docs.openindiana.org/handbook/getting-started/#booting-openindiana-installer-media

In the boot options screen, there are 4 different ACPI settings.
Would this achieve the same thing?

Thanks,

Michael