Hi,
Welcome!

> I was wondering if you guys are looking for contributors. I have been
> looking for a project to get involved into and I fell in love with Oi ever
> since I learned of it.

Yes we are always happy to welcome new contributors. :)

> Who am I? I am no developer as I am only learning C and would not dare
> call myself as one. But I am persistent and committed and I would love to
> get involved in some way, maybe some easy bite-size tasks which would help
> me along with learning C. Or some other way, something that needs
> addressing?

There are different areas of contribution:
1) Documentation
2) Packaging
3) Development

I wrote a Community page to describe this briefly:
https://www.openindiana.org/community/

Depending on your interests you can contribute in any of these areas.
I have a personal TODO list when it comes to Xorg and compilers (they are
mainly packaging and porting bits), and there are other tasks on the menu
(to be completed):

https://www.openindiana.org/overview/roadmap/

Depending on what is your focus (desktop, server) we can certainly make
suggestions.

When it comes to development in C, I think Alexander had ideas for
improving the Installer, ... there is also better integration of the ZFS
snapshot browser in Caja, better integration of Pulseaudio with the OSS4
implementation found in illumos, resurrecting the package manager GUI
(Python/C) ...
I am also in contact with an Enlightenment developer who is interested in
having better support on illumos. I do not have time to work on it myself
but this is also a possibility.

Feel free to discuss your ideas on the mailing list :)

Kind regards

Aurelien

> Let me know your thoughts.
>

> Regards