I know this sounds ridiculous, from a security researcher who has had every version of dropstat and dropttdb.c for the entirety of archs and os's running them:

CDE is back and re-released with a (better but likely still broken codebase).

Grab the source maybe if you can afford to just firewall all RPC and X, etc...

I always liked the exploit lurid found in sadmind, not one of the silly overflows, but the AUTH_UNIX bug. I counted several overflow exploits during the time that was private.

n...@mod.net

On 2017-05-12 01:10 AM, Till Wegmüller wrote:
If we talk bigger components like XFCE i would say that this is pretty
much how we are handeling them right now. We only take in these when
we know that a Contributor is able to support them over a period of
time. Otherwise we leave try to put stuff like this into SFE or pkgsrc
where there are people (and buildservers) providing packages for many
things.
I would say that this seems the way to go with the bigger Components.

---
Greetings
Till