On 12/08/17 02:38 PM, Michal Nowak wrote:
Hello.

How do I create OpenIndiana install medium with custom illumos packages?

I built illumos with two Xen patches sent to illumos devel ml for a review and
pointed pkd.depot to the built packages (/usr/lib/pkg.depotd -d
/ws/illumos-gate/packages/i386/nightly/repo.redist -p 10000).

These are the changes I did in slim_minimal_X86.xml
<https://paste.ec/paste/WtFORIAh#byqTjNqCf0fQsNYqLpj1gBflN+dXukDbuP+E9+gPuAa>:

<pkg_repo_addl_authority>
      <main
          url="http://localhost:10000/";
          authname="on-nightly"/>
</pkg_repo_addl_authority>

and

<packages>
      <!-- <pkg name="pkg:/entire"/> -->
      <pkg name="pkg://on-nightly/consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation"/>
      <pkg name="pkg:/minimal_install"/>
      <pkg name="pkg:/system/install/text-install"/>
      <pkg name="pkg:/system/install/media/internal"/>
</packages>

Hello.
You'll have (at least) 2 problems.
1) The one you have is easy to solve. Your repository should be first in repository list (in pkg_repo_default_authority section). 2) The second one is that we replace some packages from osnet-incorporation (and from repository) - see
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/openindiana/illumos-gate/packages.ignore
and https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/openindiana/illumos-gate/Makefile#L155 . You'd like to remove, for example, ssh packages, delivered by illumos-gate.

Perhaps, it's easier to use oi-userland reciept to build illumos-gate, so that you'll have all OI customizations applied to illumos-gate packages and do use oi-userland repository as pkg_repo_default_authority.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,